We’re looking for a strong Tech Lead / CTO
(depending on experience) to lead product development, build a world-class tech team and help transform the way podcasters get paid.
Supercast helps podcasters monetize their passion by making it easy to deliver member-exclusive content to loyal fans, unlocking predictable, recurring revenue in the process. The podcast market is exploding, and our early success with high-profile podcasters has put Supercast at the heart of a movement
that empowers content creators to earn money directly from their fans.
You’ll be primarily responsible for technical development, making both high-level and tactical decisions that balance speed-to-market with long-term growth needs. In your first year you’ll likely be coding day-to-day (60%) as well as hiring and growing a high-performing and close-knit team. Our beta product is built in Rails on AWS and you’ll be empowered to choose the right technology for the job. You’ll also have a strong influence on other strategic areas, including our product roadmap, hiring plan and culture.
Supercast is a remote-first company with current team members in Victoria BC and Oakland CA. We welcome remote applicants, with a preference for work windows within 3 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
What you'll do
- Own all technical development and decision making, including product processes such as sprint planning, code reviews, retros, data protection and quality assurance.
- Help develop a product roadmap that balances customer needs with infrastructure and business goals.
- Grow and nurture a small and high-performing engineering team with a strong product-led culture.
- You have a track-record of delivering well-engineered products with Rails and AWS that handle large volumes of data.
- You have a strong technical background as a CTO or Engineering Lead in early-mid stage companies.
- You love developing people and creating an inclusive, collaborative culture where everyone is motivated to do their best work.
- You’re obsessed about the customer experience and have an intuition for great product design.
- You’re passionate about the discovery phase of new features and product-market fit.
- You’re highly effective at communicating with non-technical stakeholders and customers.
Why you’ll love working at Supercast
We’re a mission-led team that cares deeply about the customers that we serve, the way we build product and a passionate team culture where we can do our best work together. We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company - everyone’s voice counts.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll receive a sizable equity share, all the equipment you need to do a great job and full medical/dental benefits. We believe in flexible working and encourage you to work where you feel most inspired, with unlimited paid vacation to recharge and exercise reimbursements to stay fit. We’ll also meet up face-to-face at least once a year.
We’re well funded, have incredible investors & advisors and are backed by Tiny
, a diverse family of companies that prides itself on crafting well-designed, wonderful internet experiences.