Quality Assurance/Business Analyst
Headquarters: Topeka, KS
Must be located: U.S.A.
Visit company website
View all Suntell jobs
Seeking detailed and self-motivated individual to serve the role of Quality Assurance/Business Analyst. This role is part of the Development Department, responsible for the development of new products, new features within existing products, and maintenance of existing products. The role will review, analyze, and evaluate company and user needs. The role will need to understand the defined scope, goals, and objectives; document requirements; and make recommendations. Assigned projects must be completed on time and undergo thorough testing prior to release.
The Analyst must balance user efficiency, user friendliness, quality, and time. The analyst will work with a small team of developers to ensure that the approved design is properly implemented. The Analyst must then exercise thorough software testing to ensure it achieves desired results by using common sense and seldom used workflows to demonstrate that it functions successfully however used.
We need and have a culture that supports thinking fast on your feet and excellent execution. We are headquartered in Topeka, KS, but our employees are not limited by geography. You must be authorized to work in the United States, and located within the continental US.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze, translate, and outline business requirements on assigned projects and/or reported problems
- Understand the data, context, and work process for the reported problem or new feature request
- Translate customer needs into new/modified product features and find the appropriate solution
- Monitor progress of projects, manage own deadlines, report roadblocks, and facilitate “getting the job done” to help the developer and/or management
- Assists the Customer Service department by answering questions related to deep product functionality or database knowledge
- Maintain detailed documentation regarding business requirements and scope that can be used both as a roadmap for a developer and internal understanding of a project’s needs.
- Communicate business needs or issues both verbally, with written words, or pictures – whatever it takes to understand the end goal either one-on-one or within a group setting
- Recognize and address multiple scenarios, data nuances, short- and long- range goals, resource limitations within the context of a project
- An inquisitive analytical mind who can see both the big picture and the details
- Understanding of IT project life cycle
- Ability to understand, solve problems, and ask the right questions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong in both Excel and Word
- General understanding of relational database
- SQL database and query skills
- Exemplary organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Commercial and/or agricultural lending/banking knowledge is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with proven business analysis skills on difficult projects
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, you must state why you feel your background would lend well to this job. Resumes submitted without any type of email introduction will not be reviewed. Your writing will be evaluated in the email, so make sure it exemplifies your communication skills.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.