Senior Frontend Developer
Headquarters: White River Junction, VT
Must be located: U.S.A, Canada
Visit company website
View all Subtext Media jobs
Senior Frontend Developer
Subtext Media is looking for a Senior Frontend Software Developer to be our lead UI / UX developer, contributing your expertise to help us grow our innovative local content platform, dailyuv.com. We are looking for someone with a passion for building web applications, who thrives on keeping up with the latest technology and trends. You will be a core member of the team and the lone Frontend Developer as we continue to staff up our Software Development team. You will have strong influence over technologies used, architecture & design of the software, and be an integral part of growing the team.
Our fronted is powered by React, MobX, TypeScript, Emotion, Next.js, Storybook and Cypress.
We use Rails for our backend and postgres for our datastore. For deployment we make heavy use of Docker containers and AWS services such as ECS / ECR, EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, and CloudFormation. We utilize familiar industry applications/services such a GitHub, Slack, G Suite, Clubhouse, Jenkins, CircleCi, New Relic and others.
What you will need to be proficient in:
- Front end development experience (HTML, CSS, etc)
- React / MobX
- Optimize components for performance across browsers and devices, paying particular attention to mobile
- Experience working in a modified agile / kanban / scrum based environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well alone and with a small team that will be remote and co-located
- Self-directed with effective time management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of building web applications and familiar with backends that use Rails with a Postgres datastore
- Knowledge (and interest in) infrastructure and deployment technologies such as Docker and AWS services such as ECS/ECR, Lambda, Fargate, RDS, S3, CloudFront, etc
- Proficiency in other languages and packages (Python, Ruby, etc) with a focus on Full Stack and Front End technologies
- Capable and comfortable working with a small team in a fast-paced, team-oriented, startup environment
What we offer:
- A supportive, friendly team
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to grow your skills and develop solutions to complex problems impacting large audiences
- Competitive salary
Who we are:
- A small company and a smaller software development team, consisting of a Team Lead and 3 engineers
- A remote friendly team with employees located in MA, VT, NJ, British Columbia
Please submit a PDF version of your resume.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.