Workforce Edge, an education benefits SaaS product, is looking for a strong developer interested in wearing many hats in a startup-like environment. In addition to development and maintenance of the platform, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for some management duties across an outsourced team.
Interested in furthering your education? Workforce Edge is not only a platform for tuition reimbursement, we also provide excellent education benefits.
Come learn and build with an autonomous team that knows how to get things done.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong attention to detail and thorough knowledge of the SDLC.
- Architect, develop and test SaaS solution using the React, Typescript, NodeJS, GraphQL and Postgres. The web app is hosted on Heroku and uses AWS for storage.
- Lead self and outsourced team in developing and maintaining web application in an Agile environment, using Jira for work tracking.
- Well versed in agile methodology and working as part of a geographically distributed, remote, multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to resolve moderate to difficult technical problems/challenges and lead the resolution of those problems.
- Ability to able to work independently while making sound decisions that move their tasks forward effectively.
- Skilled to identify areas of improvement and collaborate with team toward that goal
- Dev Ops Release and Deployment experience.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader.
- Understands advanced concepts of SSO, Encryption, Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration.
- Reviews and takes actions based on application metrics, including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
- Strong communication and problem-solving experience
- Ability to write and prioritize backlog in tandem with product manager and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Strong experience on the following technologies & concepts:
- REST API Concepts
- Unit and Integration Tests
- Dev Ops Principals: Builds, Releases
- Visual Studio, VS Code
- 3+ years of Agile methodology experience, development/maintaining CI/CD pipelines, REST API experience and working with relational databases (MS SQL or Oracle)
- Experience developing scalable web-based applications
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Remote work.
- Some early morning meetings to connect with outsourced team.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
The selected applicant for this position may be required to work onsite and attend onsite or offsite meetings and events. As such, the selected applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination will be required by December 31, 2021. We will consider requests for exception from this requirement under our process for disability accommodation or religious exemption.