Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Stone Press is building the largest network of B2B sites.
Content fuels our entire business. It could not be more central to our success. And we’re building what we believe to be the most talented content team in B2B.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a strong Staff Writer to add to our growing team. Your posts will help form the backbone of some of the top B2B domains in the world, where millions of visitors will see your content every month.
You will be responsible for writing blog posts, updating posts, and scoping content briefs that are then handed off to freelance writers.
You’ll also be our internal expert on business communications. You’ll know this category cold, keeping up with the latest innovations and making sure our content gives better advice than anyone else in this category.
- Write new blog posts that target specific SEO keywords.
- Update blog posts and improving the quality so it’s better than anything else published on that same topic.
- Analyze search results to come up with a headline that perfectly matches search intent. And making the headline so good that people can’t help but click into our page.
- Scoping detailed briefs that outline new blog posts for freelance writers.
- Give feedback on blog posts and briefs from other writers on the team.
- Be the team expect for your assigned category, you need to know your space in extreme detail.
How to Tell If You’ll be a Great Fit
- You embrace the writing grind. There is an endless queue of new posts and updates that we need to ship. Just finished a blog post? Great! Time for briefs. Got those done? Back to another post. There’s a mountain of content for us to work through, that shouldn’t be daunting.
- You’re a top tier writer and can make any topic engaging. No matter how technical or dry, you take pride in finding the interesting core, putting it front and center, and then crafting engaging copy to keep the reader hooked all the way to the end.
- You can write very succinctly. You realize that folks want instant answers these days. You know how to give them want they want without bogging them down with any fluff.
- You should have extensive experience with the business communications category. We don’t care if it comes up on your resume, but you need to have a lot of exposure already. You should know the space really well, know the standard best practices, and have plenty of unique takes. You should also be really excited about going deeper, you’ll have to take a “no stone unturned” approach to close any gap in your knowledge, no matter how small.
- You don’t dread writing about the same topic extensively. We prefer to go really deep in our primary categories. Even after your 100th post, you can still get excited to come up with unique approaches for that same content.
- You can learn new spaces incredibly quickly. The majority of your work will be in your assigned category. But you will be asked to scope briefs for content outside your normal expertise. And to give feedback for posts in other categories. You’re the type of writer that can get up to speed in a new area before others have even learned the basics.
- With your writing, you say things that haven’t been said before. This is not a SEO content mill job, we need to stand out. We have to have strong opinions. If something is nonsense, we should say so. And if there’s a oddball recommendation that actually works, we should stand by it. You’re the type of writer that has no problems standing out.
This is a fully remote role that requires you to be a full time employee of Stone Press.
- Compensation: $80k.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We cover it all along with your spouse and dependents. We’ve also selected the best plan available to us.
- One-time $1,500 office reimbursement. That means we pay for your equipment, and you get to keep it.
- Monthly $300 remote work reimbursement.
- 3 weeks of PTO every year, plus the last 2 weeks of the year off and 8 additional US holidays observed.
- 16 weeks of 100 percent paid, job-protected parental leave.
- Access to 401(k) with up to a 4% company match.