Startup Grind is the world’s largest community of startups, founders, innovators, and creators.
We're looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who is passionate about emerging technology and community-building to join our fully remote team. We want you to come in and challenge the status quo, finding new ways to tap into our 600+ chapters worldwide, helping us reach more entrepreneurs than ever before.
The Role - You’ll report directly to the CMO and work closely with other members of the marketing team with a focus on increasing our user acquisition strategies, supporting the overall growth of the organization by:
- Building marketing plans (quarterly) that drive user acquisition for our programs, conferences, and Startup Membership events
- Managing an annual operational budget for digital advertising (primarily facebook, google), as well as learning and development
- Designing and implementing content marketing campaigns on our social channels + newsletters
- Producing copy and overseeing content management and creation, striving to move audiences from general brand awareness to deeper mission-aligned engagement
- Creating weekly and monthly marketing reports to better understand community behavior, using these findings to brainstorm solutions with the team
- Evaluating campaigns, metrics, and survey data to identify how we’re performing, creatively seeking out new strategies that increase engagement and build loyalty
- Defining and executing a data-driven social media strategy
- Working cross-functionally with all internal teams to better understand how to increase awareness of our programs and latest offerings
- Staying up to date on the latest marketing trends, sifting through industry market research, news, and monitoring competition
About You - We know that many different types of people could succeed in this role, but if you can relate to the majority of the characteristics / skills below, then we would love to speak with you.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have no problem juggling multiple projects at once
- You can keep your calm under stress (ie. the world of events!)
- You are interested in managing a small team (future plan)
- US time zone. We're a fully remote team - work from anywhere, but a U.S time zone is preferred
- 2+ years with content creation - whether a personal blog, twitter, instagram stories, etc.
- Past startup experience or familiarity with the startup environment
- Growth Marketing
This role will report directly to the CMO. If you think you're a good fit, we'd love to hear from you! Please submit your CV/resume with a short introduction on why you’re a fit to email@example.com
We are looking for people who demonstrate passion, grit, and integrity in everything they do. Every application will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, or disability. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.