As a 1st time user experience - growth team member, you will implement and maintain the next generation of Splice’s customer facing products using your knowledge of domain driven design, Golang, MySQL, Docker, API design, and testing.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do?
We expect that a software engineer at this level will:
- Be comfortable delivering on large, complex tasks with multiple components.
- Can investigate and provide detailed guidance for areas of significant ambiguity.
- Can identify and break down tasks contributing to the team’s goals in advance of the next 2-3 months.
- Regularly screen for quality risks across the platform and provide solutions prior to implementation.
- Set an example for quality by engaging with other teams and engineers to ensure proper, comprehensive reviews and testing.
- Provide mentorship and give frequent feedback on how to improve our processes and enable teammates to learn best practices.
- Help manage cross-team commitments, track their progress and relate that to the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on.
- Consider yourself flexible and readily adapt to change.
- Enjoy looking for personal growth opportunities and are continuously looking for ways to improve.
What We’re Looking For?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Splice:
- You have at least 1+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software using Golang and MySQL.
- You have built and maintained CI/CD pipelines and have experience with e.g. Docker gomod, Make, and other build/deploy frameworks.
- You are motivated by moving metrics and driving concrete business outcomes while solving customer pain points.
- You have designed distributed systems at scale.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, and other managed services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
- Experience with OAuth
- Experience working with external APIs
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.