Back End Developer
Headquarters: Eau Claire, WI
Must be located: U.S.A
Visit company website
View all Speakfully jobs
Back End Software Developer
We are a small, growing, funded startup committed to creating a documentation platform that enables every employee to navigate mistreatment in the workplace. Our value proposition and belief system is all about fostering an environment where employees can come to work being themselves and contribute the fullest, in a safe manner. We are tech with zero tolerance. We exist to lend support to the employee being mistreated, and to guide the HR staff and CEO protecting their team in cultivating a safe culture.
Is this something you are passionate about? Do you want to get in on the ground floor of the mission to change the status quo of workplace culture? If so, read on, because we are looking for a creative back-end developer who believes in the underlying cause and is willing to contribute towards empowering and supporting employees to navigate uncomfortable situations with confidence.
We are looking for a hands-on technologist to join our team as we build our new product. As a Back End Software Developer, you will be pivotal in contributing towards all steps of building the platform and defining the development process.
You would do the following:
Contribute to a crucial role that influences the business direction and product innovation
- Be the team that builds the complete platform, bottom up
- Work with product management, leadership and UX teams to build experiments and help the team make appropriate feature choices to grow the business
- Build the product for performance, scale and quality – because we stand by code quality that directly enhances the confidence levels of our end users who are navigating a challenging experience
- Be involved in all aspects of product development – starting from defining the stack to building the APIs to helping with setting up the CI/CD pipeline to releasing code to production on a need-to basis
Who you are:
- Extensive experience building products ground up – its your thing and what you bring to the table
- You understand Agile and Lean practices – not because they are buzzwords, but because they organize the chaos in your life
- You are intrigued by new technology and you are constantly looking for ways to explore and learn new tools/techniques
- You understand that product quality is driven purely by the customer experience and that it is built by engineers who are bought into that philosophy
- You have a passion for defining coding best practices
- You are self-driven and are comfortable working alone or in a team
You stand out because you have:
- A Bacherlors/Masters degree in Science with a relevant coding course background
- Experience working with Node.js for at least 5+ years
- Experience with REST based API implementations for at least 5+ years
- Experience with Nest typescript framework and GraphQL is a big plus
- Experience with non-structured databases like MongoDB/DynamoDB for 5+ years
- Experience with code versioning tools like Git, TFS or SVN
- Experience with CI pipelines like Jenkins or CircleCI for 3+ years
- Strong understanding of containerization and deployments in Cloud platforms
- Experience with automated testing frameworks is a plus
- Strong understanding of encryption fundamentals is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and can convince the team to do something technically extraordinary in plain simple terms
- Interest in making valuable connections, mentoring, being mentored and finding career and personal growth by working with a highly innovative and skilled team
Work Location and Environment – Remote:
- We are an all remote workforce because we care about what our employees produce, not where they are located physically
- We believe in fostering a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust – you won’t miss a beat thanks to the collaboration tools we have
- We believe that efficiency has nothing to do with co-location
- You choose your devices and work setup needs, we just enable it for you
- We offer unlimited PTO because we believe that you work hard, but play harder
- Our benefits are highly competitive, including but not limited to 401k, medical & Dental benefits
If all of this sounds like fun and if you’d like to be part of a journey that’s committed to being sympathetic and compassionate about nurturing a professional environment that is tech with zero tolerance, then send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to add in a note to let me know why you think you’ll be a fabulous fit for this role – remember to “Speak Fully”!
Speakfully provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.