Developer Tooling Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco
Must be located: USA
Visit company website
View all Sourceress jobs
Create developer tooling, testing infrastructure, and other tools that accelerate us as an engineering organization. We deeply care about creating a great developer experience for our team, and this role is 100% focused on that. For example, we've created a method that that allows us to attach a debugger to any process that has encountered an unexpected exception, even in production. This tool (we call it the Platinum Debugger) eliminates the time-consuming and often difficult step of reproducing the bug for about 90% of our bugs, vastly improving our productivity. This role is about creating more projects like that, as well as increasing test coverage and code quality throughout the entire code base.
We’re exceptionally remote-friendly: about half of our team is remote, our San Francisco office has “portals” (a large TV, high quality microphone, and webcam) in every well-trafficked room, and remote team members even participate in lunch conversations, our book clubs, and our AI research club.
Our mission is to help people find work that matters. We believe that the world is better when people understand the opportunities available to them. Our human-assisted AI platform delivers great results to our customers (customer quote: "I'd have a panic attack if you guys stopped existing").
Because of this, we raised $3.5M from OpenAI researchers and Lightspeed Venture Partners at one of the highest ever valuations coming out of YC. Our team has previously sold companies, published machine learning research, has Dropbox's former Chief of Staff, and hails from MIT, Google, Airbnb, McKinsey, etc.
Help us create a world where all 7 billion people work at jobs that they love, do things that they’re great at, and work for companies that are solving meaningful problems.
- Accelerate our engineering team with great internal tooling. These will range from scripts and linters to much larger projects that support debuggability and faster iteration at all stages, from prototyping to production.
- Improve release processes and tooling.
- Build a battery of stable, high quality, high impact automated tests
- Move code quality from "pretty good" to "great" throughout the code base.
- Strong background in writing elegant code, prioritizing testability and reusability
- Enjoys building tools to enable engineers to move faster
- You understand the value of software craftsmanship
- You are empathetic, thoughtful, impact-driven, and intellectually curious
- Type annotated Python 3 (django, scikit-learn, pytorch)
- Typescript (react)
- Work remotely
- Flexible working schedule.
- Free healthy lunches, dinners and snacks.
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Also open to contracting engagements for this role.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.