The Head of Technology is a pivotal position. You will enhance Soliya’s technology ecosystem, implement and oversee best-practices for sustaining a live production service, manage our small team of engineers, and oversee the relationship with strategic technology vendors. You will contribute to, and collaborate with, other departments at Soliya as well as our partner organizations to understand, implement and manage their technology needs.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate passion, drive and vision; leadership and team building skills; an ability to deliver solutions in a timely manner, with limited resources; experience managing customer-driven technology services; and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diverse international team.
This is a full-time position at Soliya reporting to the Chief Program Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop a technology vision,strategy; and product roadmap through close collaboration with the Chief Program Officer
- Lead the software engineering team to deliver on agreed upon milestones
- Oversee the operations of the live service and ensure compliance with the operating level agreements
- Mentor, recruit and institute engineering and operational best practices
- Establish systems to deploy and maintain a live production service
- Focus on minimizing the need for technical support in Soliya’s Virtual Exchange programs by proactively detecting and addressing the root cause issues requiring attention
- Ensure successful and user-friendly delivery of Soliya’s technology solutions to external partners
- Improve productivity of Soliya’s IT processes by identifying deficiencies and recommending changes in technology tools, training, processes and reporting
- Maintain and upkeep Soliya’s back end office IT systems (minimal)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or
- related field
- 3+ years experience in leading engineering projects and teams that have successfully shipped
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams remotely
- Experience in API and cloud computing
- Demonstrated ability in effectively managing and setting priorities for tech projects and
- related budgets
- Experience with a live production service that provides a good customer experience (either as a lead or a member of the team responsible for it)
- Experience with content management solutions and Drupal a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
How to Apply:
If you find that you are eligible and interested, please apply on the Soliya website
. Please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload.