We are looking for a proactive Android Engineer to join our globally dispersed Engineering & UX team. The Android Engineer will be responsible for providing support to the rapidly maturing solutions and solutions we offer, keeping our overall user experience to the high standard we have set for ourselves and that our clients have come to expect.
We are looking for three primary characteristics in an engineer: transparency, trust, and performance. Would you enjoy learning another Android library, modern design pattern or helping a teammate with a logical flaw in their code? With a focus on teamwork, our team performs best with likeminded teammates that help to foster creativity and solutions.
- Contribute to existing Android applications and libraries with special attention given to documentation and tests.
- Designing and implementing architecture, APIs and UIs for several apps that together form a usable, user-friendly unit.
- Create various documents for the OS-level APIs to be implemented and then consumed by our applications.
- Assist in design of APIs to be consumed with by the Android apps.
- Documentation of Stack Overflow
- Assist team-mates in understanding solutions
- At least 2 years of Android development experience
- Intimate knowledge of Java and Kotlin (C/C++ is a plus)
- Enthusiastic about Couroutines.
- Knowledge of more complex things in the Android SDK: Accessibility service, Print service, Inter-process communication, even system-level permissions
- Understanding of UX, familiar with accessibility
- Understanding of how to communicate with the APIs in all directions.
- Experience with GIT/code management solutions
- Experience writing and knowledge of testing.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting issues.
- Some familiarity with Android Enterprise is a plus.
- Bonus for experience with NDK and WebRTC