Who we are:
Smalls is homemade food for cats that's prepared with 100% human-grade ingredients and leaves the fillers, mystery ingredients and 25-year shelf lives of traditional pet "food" behind. We create a customized meal plan for your cats based on their age, weight, and body type and get you on your way with freshly prepared food delivered to your door.
We raised our Series A in 2020 and are working towards building a platform that scales with our growth. We are a small team of ~30 with venture funding to grow quickly and prove something!
What you’ll do:
We're looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our fast-moving product engineering team and work collaboratively with product, design, marketing, ops, and customer support.
This person will be responsible for building and maintaining our platform. You’ll impact revenue by writing high-quality software to support our growing customer base.
An ideal candidate would be someone who is excited to write good code, eager to provide mentorship to their teammates and enjoys collaborating with other departments.
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work and delivering the most appropriate solution
- Work directly with business, fulfillment, and marketing teams to brainstorm solutions to problems and suggest technical approaches
- Contribute clean, testable code.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Recent experience working as a Full Stack Software Engineer or Software Engineer with frontend focused work
- Proficient experience working in Ruby, Rails, and React, and Node
- Team player who is motivated by the chance to write software that empowers a successful and growing business
- Enthusiastic about learning (both technical skills and how a DTC business operates at scale)
Bonus Points 😻 :
- Experience working on DTC and subscription services
- Solid understanding of software design/architecture principles
- Experience with Typescript, Node.js
- Experience with tools like Heroku, Netlify, Segment, Contentful, Shopify, and Stripe
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary ($130 - 160k)
- Medical, dental, vision plans (100% employer-funded)
- 15 days of PTO
- Smalls subscription for your kitties!
- Fully Remote Office and Culture: our team is located across all four US time zones.
- Mission-driven company: highly motivated by cat health.
- People-driven company: we work hard, but prioritize mental health and avoiding burnout.
- Data-informed culture: we do not make decisions without consulting the data.