We are looking for a senior mobile developer, specialising in iOS or Android development – or both.
Our flagship apps – Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun. We want to find someone who can help us improve our existing apps and develop new features that extend their capabilities and reach.
You’ll need to be able to work independently and be happy taking the initiative on features. You’ll also need to manage complexity with confidence while developing at a rapid pace. You’ll be joining two senior developers with experience in web/server and iOS and Android development.
While there is a lot of responsibility in the role, you will have an abundant amount of freedom in implementation and if wanted, a strong voice in the outcome of finished products that will roll into the arms of the product’s many fans.
This is a remote position; the entire company is fully remote. As most of our staff are in Europe and Asia, ideally you would be based in those time zones. To support remote development, we fly all of our staff to regular Team Week meetups across the world (paused during covid-19!) so we can get to know each other and plan face-to-face.
We welcome applications from candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
- Developing new features for our existing games, and maintaining them to take advantage of new OS-level features (e.g. Apple Watch, SwiftUI, diffable data sources, Android Wear, iOS 14, Android 11, etc)
- Developing and designing new apps and games
- Working with our web developer to ensure good communication with our online services
- Coordinating with our mobile developer to maintain cross platform feature and functional parity
- Lead developer, or significant experience, on multiple (currently in store) published apps (i.e. mixed Swift and ObjC / Kotlin and Java)
- Enthusiasm for quickly learning and applying new and emerging technologies supported by Apple and Google
- Understanding of development with observable streams
- Ability to collaboratively create new features while proactively refactoring legacy code to improve app experience for our users
- Good team communication skills in general, and English in particular
Also, highly desirable:
- Experience in a related field (e.g. UI/UX design, sound engineering, etc.)
- Familiarity with Sketch
- An interest in fitness apps/experiences, and wearable devices
- Experience in automated testing
Our pay range is £68,000 to £75,000 dependent on experience.
Get in touch at hello AT sixtostart.com with the subject Senior Mobile Developer and your CV attached. No recruitment agencies.