We need a Remote Office Manager to join the ranks of our fast-growing company who is self-driven, likes to wear many hats, and gets excited by the opportunity to help our company scale.
Who is Silktide?
Silktide's mission is to make the web better for everyone.
We make software to test and improve websites. Organizations around the world use Silktide to help deliver great web experiences that are accessible to all.
Our customers include FORTUNE 500 companies, universities, governments, charities, and web design agencies.
We cover almost every aspect of the web, including accessibility, SEO, brand protection, and data privacy. A big part of our work is helping people understand these complex areas in a way that works for them.
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and increasing in size by at least 2x year on year. This growth will continue to accelerate and we need you to help ensure the smooth operation of our business in the United States.
We have ambitious plans to improve the quality of the web. We believe every website should be accessible, compliant, and of high quality. Our Silktide Monitor software is the first step in our mission, allowing web teams with a mixed range of abilities to easily manage hundreds of thousands of web pages with hundreds or even thousands of content contributors.
If you want to help us in our mission to make the web more accessible then it's never been a more exciting time to join Silktide as we go through a large push to scale up in a market that's still in its infancy!
What we're like
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We'll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don't clock in and out, in fact, we don't check your hours. As long as your work is done, the rest is up to you.
We're growing fast and need smart, ambitious, and trustworthy people to join our team.
What you will be doing
Silktide is on a mission to transform the web. We need incredibly talented and relentlessly inventive new team members to help us to do so.
As a Remote Office Manager, you will be integral to maintaining the smooth operation of our US business. You'll get to wear many hats which means your role will never get boring!
You'll assist the team with streamlining administrative procedures, facilitating human resource activities, perform basic bookkeeping & payroll tasks, assist with the onboarding and hiring of new staff, help us navigate all the bureaucratic BS, and provide general support to the organization.
You'll get to learn loads in this role; we think learning is important and will support you along the way. Truly remote working hasn't been the norm, so there are lots of barriers and hurdles to overcome when you're growing.
There will be loads of space for creativity, autonomy, developing your skills, and putting your stamp on Silktide.
If you love solving new problems for yourself, this is the role for you.
Where you will be working
It's up to you. We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice before COVID-19 made it cool — We value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
We're currently looking for a United States resident for this remote-based role.
You should join us if
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are efficient, proactive, and super organized
- You are technologically savvy
- You love to create inventive new processes that set your work apart from others
- If you don't know how to do something, you are the type of person that would just figure it out
- You have proven experience of office administration work or related position
- You are adaptable and think on your feet, proactively solving problems
- Prior HR experience would be a bonus
- You are excited by the opportunity to assist & learn how to run a remote business in the US
What you will get in return
- Flexibility to work where you like, whenever you like.
- $40k-$45k depending on experience
- Health insurance (ICHRA)
- Choice of your own laptop, operating system, and peripherals including large monitor
- Gym membership of your choice
- Home office budget
- 2 weeks per year dedicated to skills development ("Silktime")
- 15 days paid vacation + public holidays
- Training budget
- Annual company retreat (2021 is Barcelona)
- Random gifts that turn up on your doorstep courtesy of our Happiness Manager
Apply today! We'll need a resume containing details of previous relevant experience.
We would also consider part-time staff with prorated benefits package for this position.
This position requires you to be a resident of the United States.