About the role
At Sidekick you'll work on developing our software application (Ruby on Rails / Vue.js) which touches on everything including billing, scheduling, teletherapy, tracking patient outcomes, as well as providing resources/tools for therapists to use in their treatment sessions.
This job requires that you:
* Work closely with therapists and office staff to ensure the tools you are developing fit their needs
* Are capable of full-stack application development
* Have a strong focus on application security
* Design responsive interfaces keeping both desktop and mobile users in mind
* Have a balanced and practical approach to development
* Have strong verbal and written communication skills
* Have a high level of attention to detail
* Promptly respond to internal user feedback, requests, etc.
* Create features/products that are functional and easy-to-use
Bonus points for:
* Previous experience managing a production Ruby on Rails application
* Previous experience with Vue.js
* Previous experience with WebRTC
* Previous experience in the healthcare industry
Competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, and a 4% retirement match.
- Ruby on Rails
Sidekick Therapy Partners is an energetic, growing company with 38 years of experience in the Eastern Tennessee Region. We give schools and patients access to the therapies and resources they need to improve their communication and overall quality of life. Our experienced team is made up of 150+ specialized therapists in Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy. Our development team is currently 11 full-time employees.
Sidekick has headquarters in Tennessee (Knoxville, Nashville), but most of our technology team works remotely.
How to apply
Send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please answer:
- What interests you about working in this industry (speech language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy)?
1) We will conduct an initial phone interview with promising applicants.
2) For those who seem like they would be a good fit we will give you a small, take-home, 5-10 hour paid project allowing you to demonstrate your abilities.