ShotFlow is seeking a remote Backend Developer to play a major role in building the backend of our web application.
Who we are
ShotFlow is an "operating system" for the modern, high volume photo production studio. ShotFlow automates the production process in unique ways, including automatically tagging photo and video assets with rich metadata at the point of capture, creating “smarter assets.”
What we offer
- An international, fully remote team
- Autonomous working style
- Flexible work schedule and location
- Generous vacation policy
- A fun and friendly company culture
- A young, growing team ready to bring on more members
Who you are
We’re looking for a candidate with strong problem solving skills that is willing to collaborate with the team and work independently.
You should be comfortable with building features after receiving business requirements and loose mockups from our lead web developer.
You will collaborate with the rest of the development team on system design, and implement their feedback on your work after code reviews.
- 3+ years experience with modern PHP
- 3+ years experience with PostgreSQL
- RESTful JSON API development
- Experience with CodeIgniter
- Experience writing code with a focus on security and performance
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Vagrant
- Comfortable in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with photography/high-volume production environments/DAM and related areas
What you’ll be doing
- Taking part in the decision making process to flesh out new features before implementation
- Playing a crucial role in the backend development of our web application
- Researching solutions and solving interesting problems
- Becoming more knowledgeable about how our users interact with our system, and growing into a hands-on role as a technical product owner in your areas of expertise