is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising our $67.5M Series C
in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
In this role, you will...
- Work within your squad to solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to architecture and feature development
- Define and plan the growth of the application infrastructure
- Understand how cloud providers structure their offers and cost
- Instrument and monitor our applications, creating alerts based on symptoms and not on outages
- Extensive instrumentation and monitoring knowledge
- Working experience with Terraform, Ansible, or any other infrastructure as code tools
- Working experience with NewRelic, Datadog, or similar
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications on Heroku (our apps are there currently), AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Working experience maintaining Ruby, Go, and frontend applications
- Proven Unix expertise
- Fastly / VCL knowledge
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redis
- Good hands-on knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Heroku pipelines and review apps experience
- Clear and precise written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with agile development practices
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Working experience in a fully remote working environment
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.