Director, Technology Partnerships
View all jobs →
Full-TimeAll OtherAnywhere (100% Remote) Only
Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we recently raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
- You drive measurable results and are comfortable owning quantitative goals.
- You have exceptional active listening skills, with a true desire to help partners.
- You understand startups are chaotic and you kind of like it. You can navigate, reign in and thrive in the chaos.
- You are a strategist who uses data to guide your decisions.
- You lead by example. You are comfortable with simultaneously "rolling up your sleeves" and delegating.
- You are a "team builder". You can identify and coach key players to support your team.
- You are an exceptional communicator. When people speak to you they feel acknowledged and respected. When you speak to people they have a clear understanding of action items.
- You work async. You use meetings strategically, and keep the focus on metrics.
- You understand technology, and are familiar with the latest web technologies and software.
In this role you will...
- Build and lead the Technology Partnerships team at Shogun.
- Own Key Results for (1) creating revenue channels via technology partners as a result of co-selling/co-marketing, and (2) collaborating with our product team for surfacing integration opportunities.
- Enrich and expand our relationships with eCommerce platforms, including their partnership, sales, and client services teams.
- Build relationships with key software companies in the eCommerce industry (i.e. Omnisend, Klayvio, Yotpo, Recharge, Dynamic Yield, Optimizely, etc.)
- Define and formalize our Technology Partner Program (support, co-marketing opportunities, integration process etc.).
- Build out a team of Technology Partnership Managers who develop and manage relationships.
- Collaborate with our Product team to understand which integrations are most requested/prioritized, and work to define our relationship and product integration with those companies.
- Ensure that our technology partners are well taken care of.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role focused on partnerships or sales, either at an eCommerce technology company, or a top tier technology company.
- 5+ years experience working in the eCommerce industry, at either an eCommerce technology company or eCommerce agency is preferred.
- Deep understanding of the eCommerce technology landscape, and the technology that supports eCommerce stores.
- Proven track record of exceeding quantitative goals in both individual and leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing teams.
- A data-driven approach to strategy and decision making.
- Fluency with sales SaaS tools, and understanding of integrations, sales operations
- Proven experience navigating nascent business development channels is preferred.
- Salesforce for CRM
- Outreach.io for outbound
- Chorus.ai for sales insights and intelligence
- Slack for communication
- Notion for documentation
- Geekbot for daily updates
- Generous compensation package
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An accomplished and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class