Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
As a mobile engineer at Scott's Cheap Flights, you will be joining a team that is building our React Native app from the ground up to create a world class experience that our members will love.
Please note, we are only accepting applications from candidates based in the Unites States.
In the short term, you will...
- Become familiar with our code base, code style, tech stack, development and deployment process, and our project management process
- Partner with Design and Product to help build a roadmap for MVP
- Work with our Backend Engineers to establish APIs that support our mobile applications
In the long term, you will...
- Become an expert with all of our tooling: Expo, Sentry, CircleCI, and more.
- You will also identify and introduce new tooling to support our mobile ecosystem
- Bring creative solutions to continuously improve the value we provide to our members, and to. your own professional development
- Take ownership of end to end feature and product development and help scale our mobile application
What you know...
- Hands on expertise with React Native. Experience with Expo or native iOS/Android is a plus
- You are a fast learner and have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making skills
- Strong foundation in software design. You know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience writing automated unit tests. Bonus points for end-to-end testing experience
- You care about performance, usability, and accessibility across all devices
- Empathy and passion to build production-ready features
- Clear and earnest written and verbal communication skills
- High standards for yourself and the code you write. You always strive to be better than you were yesterday
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and willingness to learn
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails is our primary server framework
- React is our primary front end development framework
- Postgres and Redis are our primary storage engines
- Heroku is used for deployments and infrastructure
- GitHub is our choice for source code management
- Circle CI helps us with continuous integration
- Notion is for documentation and collaboration
- Clubhouse is our project management tool
- Jira is conspicuously missing from the list above ;)
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In 2021, we went to Cabo San Lucas!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require reasonable accommodations or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.