Lead Engineer / Head of Engineering (MEAN Stack)
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
View all Schedugram jobs →
We are Schedugram, a company based in Australia but with a global remote team. We help marketing managers and agencies schedule their Instagram content. Our customers range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies around the globe.
We have been growing significantly for the last 4 years.
Now, we’re searching for a lead engineer who will turbocharge our existing team, hire more talent when it’s needed, streamline our development output and take responsibility for our code base.
Our whole company works remotely, so you will be working with people from across the globe every day.
We use a MEAN stack.
- NodeJS / Express
- AngularJS (1)
- Redis for session management
- RabbitMQ for messaging
We also have a mobile application in React Native.
We use AWS extensively, from Lambda functions to S3 and of course EC2.
For VCS and issue management we use GitHub. We use Slack to communicate within the team.
What we’re looking for
You will help our team to grow and provide best practice guidance to make sure we are building the right software at the right time.
- understand that the job of a tech startup is to ship product that customers use and love
- love to write code, because that’s your main job with us
- have deep expertise in our stack so that you can hit the ground running
- will create decision matrices for major architectural decisions
- will maintain a clean code base
- will maintain documentation as needed (although we are not over documenting)
- will create and enforce code guidelines
- will manage the team and help them improve their coding skills
- take ownership of our whole technical stack and delivery
- are able to discuss technical issues with our non-technical teams
- will be excited to celebrate success as you and your team release products and features that customers around the globe love
You're not a middle manager – you aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and cut code, and you do it often. You demonstrate best practice first hand by showing it, rather than talking about it.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years in software development
- Deep experience with the MEAN stack recently
- 2+ years experience leading (managing) and growing a small engineering team
- Experience working remotely, including communicating with a remote team spread across the world
- Experience at a small rapidly growing startup (B2B SaaS preferred)
- Knowledge in agile best practice development methods and delivery technologies
- Experience teaching others best practices and mentoring junior developers
- Full time availability – this role is 'all in', and you will be responsible for all of the moving parts of our technology
We'd love to chat more about how you can be part of Schedugram's next phase of growth.