You know how no one picks up the phone these days?
Or when you call someone and the voicemail says, “Don’t leave me a voicemail. Just text me.”
See, that’s the problem businesses face everyday when trying to reach their leads, customers, and clients.
They’re stuck doing things the old way (calling, voice-mailing, emailing) and getting old school results.
The new way to instantly engage with your leads and customers is with text messaging from real local phone numbers.
That's where Salesmsg comes into the picture...
We believe that having conversations is good for business. The easiest, fastest, and most effective way to create conversations is with SMS text messaging.
Salesmsg is a two-way text messaging platform that helps businesses send and receive SMS text and MMS picture messages online or on the go.
We’ve all heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child”, but when it comes to your business, “it takes a team to grow and scale” and that's why we need your help.
// THE POSITION // ---------------------
Salesmsg is a fast-growing business texting SaaS product company in search of a Head of Customer Success. Head of Customer Success develops and executes customer-centric service infrastructure, implements and maintains a consistent and coherent customer experience excellence throughout all customer-facing touch points, with the objective to create added value for our clients.
As Head of Customer Success needs an action mindset, are excited by the idea of quickly scaling, and thrives in a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while enabling both customer and company success.
// OUR CORE VALUES // ---------------------
1. We Figure It Out.
We're a startup. Stuff will break and things will not work as you want them to. You will hit barriers and blocks keeping you from getting done what you said you'd do. You are the type of person that "come hell or high water" will figure it out. This is fun for you.
2. Seek Continuous Improvement.
We pursue GREATNESS. There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. We're resourceful and go deep to learn the best strategies.
3. Keep it Real & Conversational.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. We have to speak truthfully and honestly because if we don't things go unsaid, animosity stirs, and resentment takes over. It's debilitating for high performance teams to win. Speak truthfully and keep it real. Call it like it is. Provide solutions, not problems.
4. People First Mindset.
As we seek to constantly improve we realize that the best answers to many of the opportunities to grow, products to create, and partnerships to solidify come from our customers. Helping the customer achieve success is our ultimate goal and through that we find new ways to make our product and team better.
5. Be Flexible.
The road is never straight and there will be twists and turns and bumps and stops. We all need to row in the same direction to work together and get things done. Don't make it harder than it has to be. If it takes a few minutes, hook a brother up. Don't battle. We win together, not apart.Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
// HOW WE WORK // ---------------------
This is how we do it...
- We're a Remote First company with a global team of developers, designers, success, sales, and marketing members from around the world.
- Our team is spread across the USA, Europe, and Asia (Florida, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Utah, California, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Belarus)
- We love planning & executing. So each year we get together for a retreat to work backwards to create our Annual Aim, Quarterly Rocks, Monthly Outcomes, Weekly Goals, and Daily Tasks. (It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for now. You can help improve this too.)
- Work hard and play hard. Life and work doesn't have to be so hard. The environment we created is fun, relaxed, yet backed up by results.
// THE ROLE // ---------------------
As a Leader, as a Coach, and as a Team Player you'll focus on these core activities...
- Develop and manage a Customer Success Plan with key accounts to capture and track customer success goals, customer success measurement criteria, obstacles and risks.
- Help key accounts plan and understand the best ways to utilize our products based on the customer’s business needs or business plans.
- Partner with the Marketing team on select market or account assessment activities for new business and upsell prospects, and explanation or demonstration of product features
- Partner with the Product team to ensure successful transition and onboarding of new accounts
- Prepare, schedule, and conduct periodic business reviews with clients; track history of interactions with clients
- Partner with Marketing to finalize and execute tech-touch engagement tactics, e.g. , online marketing, email campaigns, etc.
- Work closely with Product partners to drive product awareness and tailored high-touch and medium-touch marketing & engagement across key accounts
- Facilitate issues resolution, working with internal Operations, Support, Product and Tech teams to resolve product, service or operational issues; act as customer facing liaison to provide client with progress updates
- Educate clients on support channels, self-service tools, and other resources to drive self-sufficiency
A few more ideas on where you'l be able to make a big impact...
- Document, route and track feature requests, and provide client with progress updates
- Assist with account and end user training design, coordination and in some cases conduct account admin training, e.g., via demos, presentations, collateral, and webinars
- Analyze key customer success metrics such as usage, sessions and overall engagement for key accounts to effectively manage retention and revenue optimization goals.
- Effectively present usage results to clients and work with clients on solutions to drive increased usage
- Monitor and report on user adoption and system usage, recommend strategies to increase usage/adoption
- Gather feedback from customers and act as the voice of the customer and share feedback for product enhancements and process improvements that will drive increased engagement and retention.
- Proactively manage the renewal cycle for all assigned accounts, ensuring timely and accurate notification of pending renewal event, use of required contracts
- Effectively negotiate contract renewals, while maximizing opportunities to upsell or retain revenue, e.g., via multi-year agreements, or changes in price or product offerings
- Identify opportunities to expand user base to drive additional revenue
// WHO IS THIS FOR? // ---------------------
1. You Thrive By Helping Others
You truly have to enjoy speaking with people and working with them intelligently. In fact, you get joy by helping them get the result they want. And if you can’t help them or our product doesn't serve them - you're completely honest and transparent with them, “this isn't a good fit for you and here’s why...”
2. You’re Inquisitive.
You like to figure out how and why things work. In other words, you’re a lover of product and have a burning need to understand the products nuances so you can speak intelligently about it rather than a word bumbler.
3. You Take Initiative.
You are the type that finds things that need improvement and you take action. Like I mentioned before, “you’ll be wearing lots of hats” so if you’re the type that's waiting for me or someone else to tell you what to do, please don’t apply.
4. You Are Goal & Results Oriented.
Like, you actually set goals and create a plan to achieve them. Not like a new years resolution that feels great for 27 hours then you quit. You set out to produce real results and outcomes that are tied to a big fat hairy audacious goal.
Aka: You get things done and you love the rush of accomplishment.
5. You Enjoy Working Remotely.
To succeed in this position, you’ve been working from home. With COVID and everything happening, you'll need a quiet environment to get focused work done.
6. You’re Hungry To Grow.
It’s true. We’re a fast growing company, but if you’re not interesting in growing, then we can’t serve you. In this growth oriented role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a larger role to potentially lead a team. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow
So there you have it.
Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
- Chris, CEO
P.S. We don't have all of the answers.
We're doing the best we can day after day with pure passion to create something meaningful.
If you're okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale "as a team" - then, this might be right for you.