Are you looking for a fully remote role based in the UK?
Are you experienced working with remote teams?
Come join Sage Publishing, A global powerhouse of publishing for the educational market that is looking to expand its team in the UK.
You will work within an existing US/UK team working to develop products within our digital publishing group. The role will be based from home and will have the ability to meet in our offices in London on rare occasion but we expect the individual to work remotely for the majority of the time.
This division of SAGE has been working within the organization to craft innovative, digital products to fulfill the needs of the business owners. This team ensures success by providing high-quality platforms that perfectly fit the needs and can evolve and grow with their publishing business.
The senior developer software position exists to build and maintain publishing solutions that are used to fulfil business objectives. This includes developing systems and functions such as content delivery websites, content loading, access control, reporting, analytics and other publishing-related tools and controls.
Demonstrable experience working on major software development projects using C#, .Net Core, MVC/Razor and SQL Server databases.
Strong focus on meeting business needs through a detailed understanding of user requirements and effective and accurate implementation of technical specifications.
In-depth knowledge and experience with object-oriented design concepts.
In-depth knowledge and experience of relational databases and SQL Server in particular.
Develop software that is of high quality, maintainable, reliable and able to be modified by other developers.
Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
Experience with accessibility and Azure DevOps a plus.
Desirable but not required to have a technical degree from an accredited university.
- 🏠 Fully distributed (work remotely forever...but we may have in person meetings several times per year when things are safe)
- 🙌 Work with a talented and fun team of people across multiple time zones
- 💯 Ownership and impact - autonomy and visibility of the impact you're having
- 👍 Open and transparent culture, quick and empowered decision-making, a values-based company that uses words like trust, accountability and customer success and actually lives them
- 🖥️ Company provided laptop PC with the necessary software
- 👴 A generous contributory pension scheme
- 💌 Private medical insurance & Health Cash Plan (including dental and optical cover)
- 🗓 In service insurance
- 🏖 A flexible annual leave policy that ensures you get the rest and time out you need