Who we are
Hi, it’s nice to meet you!
We’re Rivo! A fast-growing software company with a mission to empower entrepreneurs to build awesome Shopify businesses. Rivo apps have been trusted by over 100,000 Shopify merchants around the world—and we’re just getting started.
We’re an entirely remote team spread across 7 countries and 20 cities. The company is on a journey of creating an e-commerce platform built around nurturing customer relationships through marketing automation solutions.
We’re looking for a full-time Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer to join us in creating world-class experiences for our Shopify eCommerce applications.
This position is 100% remote. You’ll have the freedom to work where you’re the happiest, and of course, be a part of a team that cares about your success and well-being.
About the job
As a Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer, you’ll troubleshoot issues that merchants run into in our Shopify apps. You’ll be an integral part of a team that’s responsible for communicating with merchants about technical issues escalated from our front-line Tier 1 support, troubleshooting these issues, and escalating them to our development team whenever necessary.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide email and chat support to Shopify merchants who are having technical issues with our apps.
- Review and update our internal and external help documentation.
- Occasionally join calls with enterprise merchants to walk through features/diagnose issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues in our apps to find out whether the issue is a bug.
- Escalate bugs and improvements to our development team.
- Relay and advocate for merchant feedback received to help inform product decisions.
- Assist our Tier 1 team in real-time chats wherever a technical issue arises.
Who you are
- You’re a problem-solver – When something goes wrong on your computer, you pull out your Google-fu and search and troubleshoot relentlessly until you fix the problem.
- You’re a fantastic communicator – You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and you are good at explaining complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- You’re tech-savvy – You know how the Internet works, and you have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.Sur
- You’re open to learning – You might not have had a job in tech before, but you’re eager and open to learning. You’re not afraid of new technology and you embrace things you don’t know.
- You’re detail-oriented – Whenever your Google-fu fails you and you need to describe a technical issue to someone, they get the full scoop from you: like a detective, you’ve observed and written down everything that might be related to the problem.
- You’re enthusiastic and independent – You’re enthusiastic about solving problems and helping others, and you can do your work and be on top of things with little supervision.
Nice to haves, but not required
- Experience with Shopify or Ecommerce.
- Experience using cloud-based software like Slack, Intercom, Help Scout, etc.
- Basic programming knowledge.
Things we love
- Living by our GAINS core values of Growth Mindset, Analyze Before Assuming, Iterate & Improve, Nurture Relationships, and Scrappy.
- Helping entrepreneurs to build awesome Shopify businesses.
- Having a stress-free work environment!
Things we avoid
Here’s how you can apply
We’re in search of a full-time role with someone that can work North American timezones (Pacific, Central, or Eastern).
If you feel like this role is right up your alley, then please complete an application! We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!