Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Ring.io is on a mission to empower sales teams with software weapons. Every sales team is at war with other sales teams in their industry. Our apps give sales pros an unfair advantage.
We specialize in communication and engagement software. Our killer app is a CRM-embedded dialer that helps sales reps and managers drive interactions with prospects.
Just like an exoskeleton increases a soldier’s range and ability to carry gear, Ring.io augments a sales rep’s ability to develop many more parallel shallow relationships.
That’s today. Tomorrow, what weapons will sales teams need?
The thread that weaves together everything we do is a passion for translating hard core tech and usability R&D into software innovations that solve practical problems in a powerful way, and that professionals fall in love with.
The team behind Ring.io is made of intelligent, collegial and curious people. We believe in solving hard problems once and for all. We believe that a few, focused, fast learners who trust each other can make a big difference.
About the Position…
Ring.io has been delivering world-class software as a service for over a decade. Our engineering team is made of a small group of high-caliber, collaborative engineers.
This is the perfect role for an Software engineer who’s ready for a role where their potential to learn and grow is unlimited by the usual blockers:
If you’ve ever been asked to support a crummy or old tech stack, you know how demoralizing it can be to see your hours slip away fixing the unfixable.
If you’ve been stuck being the junior person on a team that has no time for you and doesn't trust you, you know how tough it is to wake up every day and try to fake enthusiasm about the meaningless projects you've been assigned.
In contrast, the Ring.io team is small, you have direct access to over 50 man-years of engineering talent, and we don't waste time doing meaningless work. You will be able to trace directly what you do to customer impact. Every project you work on will be an amazing learning experience that will grow your skills.
If you’re still excited after reading that, then let’s get to the details
Ring.io is seeking an Front End Engineer that is passionate about building mobile and desktop web applications
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
We need someone with...
- Proficiency in real-time interactive systems and event-driven programming
- Solid background in RESTful Web Services
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 2+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with React & TypeScript is a plus
- Knowledge of the Node.js/npm ecosystem
- At least 4 hours of daily overlap with US Eastern Time.
What it's like to work at Ring.io
- We love coming to work every day
- Each employee has the freedom to make an impact on the business
- Everybody is dying to help you, has a genuine interest in your ideas, and wants to learn from you
- Everybody understands that each team member plays a vital role in advancing the business
- Nobody cares how you dress - you should be comfortable
- We hate meetings
- We like Macs and big computer screens
The Nitty Gritty
- We are a 100% remote company and this is a 100% remote position. You work from wherever you live. Our expectation is that you have or will have a quiet, comfortable and well-connected spot from which you'll be available to do the work. We can help you get what you need to have an effective home office. You'll have less interaction than if you worked in an office, but less distractions too.
- Our business hours are US East Coast hours - you will need to have a large overlap of hours in your workday during those hours to meet and communicate with customers. Most of our customers are based in North America. While technically possible, it is unlikely that we would work with you if all your daytime hours are all of our customer and team member nighttime hours & vice versa.
- Competitive base salary.
- You participate in the Ring.io Team Bonus Plan
- If you plan to stay with us for the long term, you will be eligible to get stock options.
- Unlimited vacation (within reason)
- Work / life flexibility.
- If you are based in the US, we will hire you as a W-2 employee and you'll get 2x/mo paychecks. If you are based outside the US we will hire you as an independent contractor and we'll pay your 1x/mo invoice.
- If you live in a country without public health insurance, we will subsidize some of your health insurance costs. You pick your health insurance, we reimburse some of your insurance expenses
Diversity & equity: we value it, we want more of it.