Senior Fullstack Engineer
Headquarters: Denver, CO
View all RemoteLock jobs →
We hire anywhere in the world (truly). We just have three requirements: English fluency, able to work at least 5 hours overlap with US Mountain timezone business hours, and an internet connection suitable for video calls.
A Day in the Life
Upon learning about our RemoteLock™ door security products and management/reporting software, you will utilize these skills to implement customer facing features as well as integrate third party services and hardware.
Here are some specifics on exactly what your days might look like:
- Execute and own an individual feature end-to-end (e.g. from distributed service to React)
- Collaborate with the product manager on requirements gathering and task breakdown
- Lead the discovery of a potential integration with a third party service or device
If you meet the following requirements, we definitely want to hear from you:
- 5+ years work experience in software development
- Expert with Ruby & Rails
- Strong experience with an SQL RDBMS and proper database design
- Ability to write unit and integration tests for automated regression testing purposes
- Strong experience developing and supporting scalable, highly-available backend services
- Strong source code management experience, especially with Git
- Ability to deal with multiple projects/deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High coding standards: Adherence to common idioms and best practices of the tech stack
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies on an independent basis
Bonus points for experience with:
- IoT/embedded devices
- React Native/Mobile development
- Amazon Web Services
- Microservice Architecture
- DevOps experience
RemoteLock™, a LockState company, is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and provides a cloud-enabled platform for smart locks allowing users to manage any type of internet-enabled lock from a single centralized dashboard. RemoteLock™ develops commercial-grade WiFi and hardwired door locks and related software solving the problems for property managers and owners who need to control access for their guests, renters and service staff. Our solutions eliminate the issues of remotely managing property access: the expense and hassle of key exchanges, the disruption of early check-ins and overstays, and the security risks of unauthorized access. Our clients have remote control of their buildings, rooms, and rental properties, enabling them to securely manage and monitor all property access from their smartphone or internet browser.
RemoteLock™ attracts and retains only top-notch employees – we recruit for high talent, low egos. We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, equity, bonus, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), PTO/Flextime, quarterly celebration events, stocked kitchen, dog friendly office, RTD EcoPass & remote work options. We recently relocated to a trendy new office warehouse at the Evans Light Rail station in Denver and closed $5.8MM in a Series A funding round this past May.
Apply for this position
Send a resume to email@example.com