At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we scale adoption of our product domestically and internationally, we will accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our data team, you will support the growth of an empathetic, data-driven culture at Reify and play a key role in developing a novel data architecture and intelligence features.
- Support the development and international expansion of our next-generation, privacy-aware, Kappa-style data architecture using Kafka, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Confluent Platform.
- Prototype new algorithms or intelligence modules to support forthcoming data products.
- Support our analytics team by building, scaling, and integrating data ingestion and ETL processes.
- Frequently communicate your efforts to Head of Data and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form.
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions.
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs.
What Will Make You Stand Out
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in a role at a startup company dealing with regulated data (such as healthcare).
- Deep practical experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, MSK, etc.), Kafka, and distributed systems.
- Expertise in Clojure or Python in the context of data applications.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly develop and/or convert data science projects into modules that can be readily integrated into an existing product.
- Experience with systems engineering, orchestration (e.g. Terraform), and awareness of the nuances of testing and deploying distributed data architecture at scale (particularly with probabilistic output).
- Notable open-source contributions to software used by the data engineering or data science communities.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA) dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Retirement Plan:401(k) plan with employer matching program.
- Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new MacBook Pro laptop to use for work.
- Location Flexibility: You can work from anywhere in the U.S. compatible with an EST work schedule. Additionally, we fly remoters in for company summits and team events, filled with fun activities, good food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave.
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!