Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively
, Vault Health
, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
As our Healthcare Counsel, you will be a key participant in the initial conception, structuring and development of a health care startup, helping launch multiple new companies each year. After launch, you will work with founders until in-house legal team takes over.
In this role, you will take initiative to develop and implement plans to streamline development and rollout of healthcare startups. Within the first six months you will:
- Work with multiple founding teams from idea to launch
- Lead review and assessment of existing MSO structures to see how they can be improved for the future
- Develop privacy training program
- Work with several startup operating companies in structuring key commercial relationships to be compliant with healthcare regulatory requirements
You will report to and work with the Principal Healthcare Counsel at our New York City headquarters or remote.
What you'll do:
- General health care regulatory advice for operating companies (e.g., licensure; corporate practice; standards of practice; managed care contracting and credentialing; patient complaints; contracting with health care providers and suppliers)
- Health care regulatory advice for operating companies related to Medicare; Medicaid and other federal health care programs; including Stark, Anti-Kickback Law; Civil Monetary Penalties; coding and billing
- Knowledge leadership in privacy laws, rules, regulations and implementation: HIPAA, CCPA and other laws
- Drafting and reviewing contracts of various types, including BAA, data sharing agreements; provider agreements; joint venture agreements; employment and independent contractor agreements; utilization review agreements; recruiting agreements; professional services agreements; MSO agreements. Reviewing and completing
- Working with operating companies on applications of various kinds; regulatory filings; compliance reporting
What you'll need:
- 6 years legal experience
- Prior people management experience is beneficial
- Communicates Effectively: You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others. You adjust to fit the audience and the message. You provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Business Insight: Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions. Readily takes action on challenges.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others. Building partnerships and collaborating with others to meet shared objectives.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice. Making good, timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Organizational Savvy: Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Knows who has power, respect, influence. Steers through the organizational maze to get things done. Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here
, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program