Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively
, Vault Health
, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
To support our accelerating growth, Redesign is seeking an Equity Senior Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of operating company capitalization tables, including initial creation and ongoing maintenance, scenario modeling (e.g., dilution, returns), and completing applicable legal documentation and required filings.
This role will be directly involved in administering Redesign and company capitalization table management software, such as Carta and Pulley, and will be a thought partner for other Redesign teams on projects relating to equity and capitalization structure. As operating companies reach maturity, you will assist with cap table migration to Carta, and will confirm that data is being updated correctly by the companies and their law firms.
This role will collaborate frequently with members of Redesign’s Legal & Regulatory, Strategy & Finance, Venture Chairs, and Talent & People teams on the above workstreams, and in time will have the opportunity to support other platform projects and get exposure to Redesign’s quarterly valuation process.
You will report to and work with our Equity Valuation Lead remotely, unless you are located in the NYC area and prefer to work in our office.
What you'll do:
Management of Company Capitalization Tables
- Assist with cap table scenario modeling, including assessing inbound term sheets, partnership capital structure, and modeling out returns and dilution for various equity tranches.
- Be a trusted resource for other Redesign team members on matters relating to the treatment of various equity securities, including anti-dilution protection and SAFE/note conversion calculations.
- Create company capitalization tables at founding and confirm initial allocation with the Talent team. Process cap table edits for new employee and advisor equity grants.
- Support migration of company cap tables into Carta, working with company law firms and internal Legal and FP&A teams to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Compile and review cap tables on a regular basis in support of Redesign’s quarterly valuation process, connecting inputs to valuation models as needed.
- Collect and review external funding round data, including SAFE and convertible note conversion math, pro rata and anti-dilution calculations, and dilution by tranche.
- Assist with fulfilling investor audit confirmation requests, including confirming share counts, diluted ownership percentages, and fair market values.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
Equity Administration and Legal Operations Support
- Administer equity agreements for operating companies, including board resolutions, filing certificates of amendment increasing share reserves, populating grant documentation, sending grants out for signature, and tracking 83(b) elections.
- Prepare equity compensation consent forms.
- Manage the annual 409A process for Redesign and its operating companies, and manage rule 701 tracking as needed.
- Make applicable securities filings (e.g., blue sky filings)
- Educate and train mature operating companies on equity plan administration basics, developing training materials and comms as needed.
What you'll need:
- 3-4 years of experience working in a similar function at a venture capital firm, law firm, or fast-growing startup.
- Experience working with various securities, including common and preferred equity, SAFEs, convertible notes, options, and warrants. Working knowledge of legal terms that dictate conversion price calculations, anti-dilution mechanics, and liquidation preferences.
- Experience administering equity agreements, legal filings, and familiarity with the 409A process.
- Experience using Carta, Pulley, or another cap table management software.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong record of high academic achievement.
- Plans and Aligns: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down into appropriate initiatives and actions. Stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules. Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans. Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others. Building partnerships and collaborating with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. Making sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here
, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program