Serve as a customer-facing lead of a Red Hat agile transformation and DevOps adoption engagement. The Public Sector Transformation Office is looking for an Agile Architect to join us in Tysons Corner, VA, Dallas or Fort Worth, TX, or remotely. In this role, you will be one of the experienced agile coaches who have lead agile transformations and can coach and nurture fledgling product owners. You’ll serve not only as an agile project manager in our engagements, but also as a catalyst of these transformations. You should feel comfortable working with C-level executives to support their business goals, and equally comfortable running workshops and putting together strategic proposals that support these transformation initiatives. You'll support everything from the selling and scoping of large scale public sector transformation engagements and projects to leading the delivery team's implementation and ensuring customer success. Throughout the life cycle of a project, you will have control and oversight from kickoff to closeout, including determining scope details and monitoring the project's progress to ensure that it conforms to customer expectations and contractual agreements. As an Agile Architect, you will help us solve big problems for our customers, partners, and communities using the power of open source. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
Learn quickly from how our customers use Red Hat’s solutions to how to position the transformation journey to our public sector customers; prior experience with our technology platform and methodology is not required.
Within 2 months, you should be prepared to lead a transformation engagement by acquiring the following:
- Coach and enable delivery teams on modern application design and development practices
- Support teams in creating product vision and roadmap, writing effective user stories and prioritizing backlog based on business value in Jira
- Understand agile planning and management, team management, process management and improvement, and team building skills
- Develop understanding of how Red Hat platform technologies work and are positioned in the market
Within 6 months, you should be ready to lead a larger transformation journey and support the sales process by attaining the following:
- Innovate on our current thinking and develop new approaches to change how organizations and teams deliver software and systems
- Create solid relationships with customers and partners
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Red Hat’s teams and serve as a trusted adviser to major Red Hat’s customers
- Support presales and scoping of consulting solutions, as well as sales and business development for large scale agile transformation
- Integrate creative and innovative ways to position a strategic direction
- Expertise in delivering business value gained through experience working in a product designer, product manager, or professional services role using methodologies like design thinking and lean
- 5+ years of experience as a scrum master with a scrum coaching mentality in a 100% agile environment with an organization that ships software offerings
- Great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak in public and present in front of customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity and facilitating discussions to explore best possible solutions
- Ability to lead with imagination, courage, and curiosity
- Understanding of Red Hat’s business strategy and economic models; good business insight and judgement
- Knowledge of project management processes and experience with revenue-based project reporting
- Willingness to travel 50-75% to support customers face to face, if remote; or willingness to travel 25% to support internal meetings and presales activities, if based in Dallas, DC metro, or Tampa
- Security clearance; Top Secret clearance is a plus.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.