We're looking for a Staff Software Development Engineer to join our our feature group. In this role, you’ll work with a team of engineers delivering world class features to our end users and lead improvements to external integrations. You’ll refactor to improve performance, reliability, and consolidate experiences for stakeholders and customers.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Redis, Docker, GCP, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale, as well as understand roadmap priorities.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work on and/or with asynchronous and eventing workflows, serverless, 12-factor applications, webhooks, rate limiting and token management.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 9+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Expert knowledge of Python and Flask (preferred) or Django experience
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless environments
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired