Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Qualified is the most effective platform for assessing engineers, in both workforce and education. Qualified enables companies to find the best engineers through evidence-based hiring, by focusing on real-world performance instead of resumes and pedigree. The platform empowers recruiters to make accurate data driven decisions, while cutting hundreds of hours of wasted engineering time by employing automated code assessments and collaborative coding interviews.
We hire great, trustworthy people so that we can optimize for a free and flexible culture: flexible hours, unlimited vacation, remote work options, and working on stuff you’re excited about. Turns out, when you’ve got a dedicated team that takes pride in their work, you don’t have to worry about how much time they’re spending in the office!
We sell a SaaS platform to companies for assessing potential candidates, and educational organizations for testing students. Our clients run from startups to enterprises, and include Apple, Canon, Truecar, Andela, and Domino's. We're backed by great investors including Social Capital Partners, Cornerstone OnDemand (Nasdaq: CSOD), Dr. Richard Ferguson (Former CEO of the ACT), and Brian Lee (founder of Legalzoom and Honest Company).
Qualified in the press:
About the position:
We are on the hunt for someone that is passionate about marketing and building our company brand! As a small team, we pride ourselves on working hard - most of us wear multiple hats, and enjoy taking on new challenges. The unknown is exhilarating, rather than terrifying. Asking for help is common, and a thirst for learning is expected. That being said, we appreciate that our team has a life outside of the company, and are conscious of our workloads and schedules. Want to work from a cruise ship? Prefer working from your home office? Like wearing pajamas to work every day? Need a break mid-day to recharge? If your work is getting done, great! We’re all adults, and like having the autonomy to work in the way that works best for ourselves, whatever that means. As long as you have a stable internet connection, and a drive to do your best work, that’s all that’s required!
While we are fully remote, we do ask that applicants are located in the Americas and are willing and able to work during standard North American business hours. While exact work hours are up to you, there is an expectation to be able to regularly attend team meetings and as such, your working hours should largely overlap with our team’s - we find that this is easiest when we are located within a couple of time zones with each other.
- You are either a recent graduate, in your final year of a marketing degree, or have marketing knowledge and want to make a lateral move into a marketing role
- You believe that creating an awesome customer experience is critical to success
- You have a creative mind, like thinking outside of the box, are comfortable sharing your ideas to help propel the team forward
- You can communicate proficiently and professionally in both email and in person,
- You’ve got great communication skills (both verbal and written)
- You figure things out on your own and pick up new tools and tactics quickly
- You are unafraid of failing upward: knowing that great ideas are often born from trial and error, and therefore, you seek to push the boundaries in the search of success
- You are self-managed, know how to prioritize, meet deadlines and define deliverables
- You take direction well, but can also direct your own initiatives when necessary
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
- You’re excited to contribute to a rapidly growing and innovative company culture
- You think critically, which helps you to foresee any potential landmines, and you always have a plan - but you also know that sometimes you must deviate from said plan, which doesn’t throw you off your game!
- You are eager to learn on your own when you encounter a new challenge
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the overall marketing strategy for Qualified; everything from data analysis and revenue tactics to brand building and monitoring marketing campaigns
- Evaluating data and create reports on key metrics in order to monitor campaign efficiency and analyze trends
- Helping to define our customer brand - learning about our client-base and what will attract them to us
- Working closely with the Executive team to define marketing goals and resourcing appropriately to achieve them
- Driving profitable customer action
- Having direct involvement in the preparation of internal communications, educational materials, signage, form and document preparation, and file maintenance.
- Managing social media pages, write and edit relevant content posts for different platforms (social media, website, press releases, etc), send out weekly newsletters
- Providing administrative and project support for a variety of marketing programs
- Assisting with other non-marketing related administrative responsibilities as required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere)
- Know your way around Google SEO & Ads
- Understand B2B and especially SaaS focused marketing tactics
- Knowledge of sales & marketing tools
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare
- Unlimited vacation policy (Really! We want you to take vacation time when needed so that you can relax, recharge, and come back in with a fresh outlook - and as such, we have a mandatory two week minimum)
Does this all sound good? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume and cover letter, including anything that you feel would make you stick out from the crowd!