✅ 46 applicants
Remote Senior DevOps / SysOps Developer
View company profile & all jobs →
Full-TimeDevOps and SysadminUSA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6)
Punchbowl is looking for a Senior DevOps / SysOps Engineer to join our growing team. As a Senior DevOps / SysOps Engineer, you will lead the ops team to manage and improve the AWS web infrastructure used by Punchbowl.com. You will be responsible for ensuring site reliability, monitoring and enhancing the observability of key systems, security, reliable deployment of services, disaster recovery planning, and CI. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the development team to improve our processes and our Ruby on Rails applications and services.
Our team values uptime, stability, scalability, and reliability – and as a key member of our team you will have the opportunity to learn and apply new technologies to meet these needs as we grow.
- An expert of Linux systems’ administration covering security, maintenance, backups, disaster recovery, storage management, monitoring, etc. (Ubuntu)
- Experienced with AWS infrastructure management experience: EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, CloudFront, Route53, RDS, ElastiCache
- An expert in command line and bash scripting skills
- Experienced with database administration (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Knowledgeable in infrastructure configuration management tools (Terraform, Chef)
- Experienced in how to use and maintain monitoring, logging, & observability tools (ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios)
- Knowledgeable of systems and networking: DNS, SSL, SMTP, SSH, VPN
- Well-versed in web infrastructure management: HAProxy, NGINX, understanding of HTTP
- Familiar with Docker, containers, CI/CD, automation
- Comfortable with AWS Lambda, Fargate, ECS, DynamoDB, Aurora, CloudWatch, EKS
- Experience with the Node.js ecosystem
- Prioritize and resolve live issues appropriately
- Manage, plan and execute system and software updates and upgrades when needed
- Manage application deployments in coordination with the development team
- Maintain and improve our monitoring systems to pre-empt issues that may affect our live environments
- Investigate and implement system improvements
- Maintain and improve system documentation and runbooks
- Plan and implement disaster recovery and backup plans on AWS
Do you want to work in a growing company that invests in its employees more than the average company? Punchbowl is the company behind the critically-acclaimed technology platform for celebrations, holidays, and meaningful life memories. The Company runs its platform on Punchbowl.com, Memento.com, and best-in-class iOS and Android apps. We provide a fun, casual, and innovative environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Some Punchbowl Perks:
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Flexibility to work from wherever you will be most effective
- A collaborative, start-up environment where you’ll learn a lot, get your hands dirty, and see your work directly impact our customers
- Fantastic, smart coworkers who are passionate about what they do
- Virtual team coffee chats, Friday team trivia challenges, and anything else we can think of to have fun as a team
PLEASE NOTE: Our team is primarily based in Framingham, MA and London, ON. We will consider applicants who reside anywhere in the United States or Canada who are willing to work “East Coast Hours” (roughly 9am-5:30pm EST).