We are a remote startup (headquartered in Canada) building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s making software to help sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation app that helps you find contact data right inside your browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 11 people -- you will be #12 🙂
We are self-funded and profitable (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
Authoritative leadership style is practiced here, where the overall goal is given and you have the freedom to choose your own way of achieving it.
We have balanced working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off. We don’t have any “managers” and we rarely do any internal meetings.
We understand the importance of work/life balance which is why we are one of few that offer Fridays off in the summer ☀️
You enjoy writing beautiful code. You care not just about whether the code works, but you think deeply about how well it performs, and how it will be understood by future developers.
You like shipping things. You realize that building excellent products is a marathon, not a sprint, and regularly make improvements in iterations.
You are an excellent communicator. You realize that working remotely requires thoughtful communication and you do so through great written communication.
You self-manage and are open to feedback. You enjoy taking a goal and figuring out how to ship it without heavy direction and regular check-ins.
You are product and customer-centric. Whether it is a bug fix, perf improvement, or a new feature, you realize that every line of code is an opportunity to make a user’s experience better.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM RIGHT NOW
We are currently a team of 7 engineers. Our roles are divided based on the projects we work on.
We work in 4-week long development cycles in which we focus on adding new features, fixing bugs, or making improvements. After each cycle, we have a 2-week cool-off which we use to work on anything we would like to as well as plan for the next cycle.
Our frontend stack is currently:
- Languages: Mostly TypeScript, with some ES6
- Frameworks: React, Redux, Redux Sagas
- Tooling: ESLint, Jest, Prettier, Storybook
And the rest of our stack is currently:
- Backend: Java 8 with modern practices
- Cloud: A mix of AWS and Google Cloud
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Internal: GitLab for CI/CD and issue tracking
PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be working on our core application’s frontend. The application is a React/Redux application written in TypeScript with modern best practices.
This is a high-impact role. We are looking for someone to take real ownership of one or two core features within the first year. You will own some extremely important parts of our application that serve thousands of customers.
We prioritize our projects based on what customers are requesting the most. Some things that you might work on include:
- DevOps: Improve the CI pipeline by improving static analysis and adding tests
- Improvements: Improve performance to render UI at 60fps
- Integrations: Add features to and revamp our Salesforce integration
- Platform: Make the main app, a Chrome Extension, work on other platforms
- Upgrades: Migrate to the latest versions of core dependencies, such as React
- Experience with shipping React applications to production
- Past remote work experience
- Experience at a startup or a small company
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Front-end design experience (Figma/Sketch, CSS, an eye for good user interfaces)
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Salary: $95,000 - $120,000 Canadian dollars per year
- $1,500 annual continued learning budget (for books, courses, and self-improvement)
- $1,000+ annual travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
- Flexible working hours (4 hour overlap with EST and the remaining 4 flexible)
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Benefits (health, dental, etc) through our company HSA (for people living in Canada)