We're looking to grow our development team with some freelance developers with a passion for e-commerce, and we hope that's you!
Location: Remote (USA Only, must overlap working time with 10AM - 6PM ET)
Type: Freelance, Contract
You'll work closely with the team to help our clients launch highly functional, often complex Shopify stores. We work with clients who use themes from the theme store and design custom Shopify themes from the ground up. You'll have the opportunity to both help kickstart new businesses in the e-commerce space and optimize and redesign stores for established brands.
The workload is dependent upon project availability.
While this freelance role, a majority of our team is based in the Eastern time zone, so while you can work anywhere, your hours must overlap during our normal working hours of 10 AM - 6 PM ET.
Required Languages (min. 4-5 years)
- Liquid (Shopify's templating language)
- Vue.js/React (We have projects in both so proficiencies in JS Frameworks are required, but one or the other applicable)
Other Required Skills
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- You'll be communicating directly with the client, so we want you to have excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with a distributed team. You must be comfortable with working remotely and communicating with the team regularly via Slack/video chat.
- Experience with having fun at work. 2020 has been a tough-as-hell year so we try to take our breaks and get a laugh in when we can.
- Experience working on several projects concurrently, so balancing an ever-changing workload in a fast-paced environment is key. While our goal is to prevent this from happening is does come up from time-to-time.
- Passion for design/development
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Figma, XD, Invision or Sketch
About Progress Labs
At Progress Labs, we create high-powered Shopify solutions for the best DTC brands on the internet. Our services range from bespoke theme design and development to completely headless solutions with custom app integrations. As dedicated partners, we turn Shopify stores into sales powerhouses and provide the tools you need to keep your business growing.