Design at Primer
We design products that are remarkable - beautiful, intuitive, usable, useful, delightful. We are here to define new paradigms where millions of pieces of data can be consumed in just one page, through narrative and data stories.
The Primer Design team maintains a focus on simplicity and usability throughout our products. Users will be in awe of the complexity that lies beneath an easy-to-use, elegant interface. We are guided by our customers’ experience and aim to empower users with cutting-edge tools that will accelerate their understanding of the world.
The Senior Experience Designer
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure a great user experience of our products. You will take a major role in ideation sessions, and it will be your job to translate complex ideas into easy-to-use responsive interfaces. You’ll be designing user flows, mockups and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate ideas and product requirements; you’ll be working on multiple projects in parallel, while evolving a design system.
Our process is very iterative and agile, and we value the feedback loop. Our ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker who is passionate and creative, but is also flexible and accustomed to frequent usability testing and iteration. Candidates should be self-organized, research driven, and eager to communicate with the team to fully understand how our products work. You must have a big picture focus, but also care about the details. At Primer, everyone likes to get their hands dirty - we are all problem solvers, eager to work together to identify design problems and work out intelligent solutions.
Why we’re fun
- We have a collaborative environment with abundant cross-team interactions and learning
- You’ll have the satisfaction of taking products and new features through from concept to their initial genesis to incorporation in a deployed product
- We make products that help some of the world’s most influential organizations solve their highest impact problems
- 5+ years of professional experience working in product UX roles
- Strong portfolio showing experience building products for multiple form factors
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas with executives, product managers, designers, and engineers
- Ability to lead discussions, presentations, and design thinking exercises
- Interest in visual storytelling and data visualization
Expect to Do the Following:
- Work with stakeholders on various design projects across the organization
- Create multiple concepts and translate them to high fidelity designs and prototypes
- Move fluidly between design tools, such as Figma and Adobe CC
- Interact with clients, conduct usability studies, and iterate based on user feedback and research
- Contribute to the Design System