Headquarters: The Internet
Visit company website
View all Postscript jobs
Postscript is building a best-in-class marketing platform specifically for ecommerce. Backed by Y Combinator (YC W19), Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help scale the company.
This role is responsible for developing and managing our back end systems. Our stack is a Python (Flask) API with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS.
We are looking for someone with strong backend skills combined with an intense passion for early-stage companies. You will help the team to build out our architecture and processes as we scale, and help with hiring to grow the engineering team quickly. You will have a large influence on both the product and the company.
- Architect, build and maintain the REST API for our web application
- Improve our internal development processes to minimize errors and improve team efficiency
- Get creative with your solutions
- Manage AWS services as needed
- Maintain and optimize our databases
About You (experience)
- 3+ years software development experience
- Experience with Python ( Flask & SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Experience managing AWS services
- Experience managing relational databases (PostgreSQL)
About You (culture)
- You’re a hacker; done is better than perfect, and all development efforts should be tied to significant business value
- You love early stage companies and being responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- You’re excited for the chance to establish best practices in our development processes and act as a role model for the dev team as it grows
- You’re excited to work a fully-remote team
- You’re nice–no room for jerks on this team
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.