Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Content Jack/Jill of All Trades (JOAT) Description
This is a fully-remote position. We just want the best, wherever you are.
In this position, you will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that values impact, efficiency and independence. As a fully remote company, all of our team members must be able to take full responsibility for their roles and sphere of influence.
You have strong comprehension and communication skills. You enjoy conveying complex concepts simply, in a way even your 9 year old niece/nephew can understand. Importantly, you have a strong command of the written word.
You may not be Picasso, but you have a good eye for design and know how best to lay our information visually in a way that aids audience understanding. Of course, having Picasso-talent is a bonus.
You may not be an expert video editor, but you can make basic cuts and edits.
Great if you know SEO and SEM. But everyone says they know SEO and SEM- if you say you are good at it, show it to us :)
Basically, we need an in-house content person that’s a one-stop JOAT who can help us do all our content stuff :) Like writing and conceptualizing this thought publication
, and editing these videos
. Help us make cool marketing collateral- infographics, blog articles, etc.
NOTE: As long as you are smart and sharp, we have a design team that can help with design and aesthetics. Your main job is to write and conceptualize what the collateral will look like. If you can communicate your vision and guide the design process, the designer can bring your vision to fruition. Obviously, basic design skills will help.
Comprehension skills | Very strong
Writing skills (in this style
) | Very strong
Graphic design | Satisfactory
Video Editing | Satisfactory
SEO | Satisfactory
SEM | Satisfactory PR (ie. has experience/knows how to syndicate content to various publications)
| STRONG BONUS
P.s.: if you’re a writer that somehow appreciates this table, you might just be the weird (i mean, unicorn) JOAT we are looking for :)
What does your day-to-day look like?
Work with CEO, Head of Sales, creative director etc to churn out great content that helps Popcorn Growth in our prospecting efforts.
We define great content that differentiates Popcorn Growth as a truly different influencer marketing agency that really knows our sh*t.
Please Do NOT apply if:
● You always want to be perfect/excel at every task. We are a rapidly growing startup and so we need someone who is practical in their thinking. You must be able to find the happy medium between all information/data and getting the job done efficiently.
● You need guidance on everything. You must have a thought process of “If this goes wrong, will it cripple the company/process/client?” If not, make a decision and move on. The goal is to take a portion of decision making off of Sheryl’s plate.
● You don’t have the courage to be brutally honest with the CEO and your team
- We think before we understand, and then we implement.
- We prioritize high-impact actions.
- We apply judgment on:
- When to get involved and when to get out of the way.
- When to be an independent problem solver and when to ask for help.
- Good and fast is better than slow and perfect.
- Stuff gets done, stuff gets done well.
- There are days we are motivated, there are days we are not motivated. Every day, we are disciplined.
- We trust each other because of transparency.
- We reward performance, not hours worked, not tenure.
- Minimum college education
- Marketing background
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of work experience
Compensation: USD 800/month as part-time freelance + $$ bonus for helping to get Popcorn Growth featured on other publications
Popcorn Growth team members start off as part-time independent contractors (4 hours a day). The goal is to promote you to a full-time position within a month based on strong performance.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV. Please include writing samples/portfolio or any other samples/portfolios that can help us have a sense of your talents. Highlight any skills you have that you think might be useful (for example, webflow, adobe etc)