Politech creates digital products and technology solutions for nonprofits, campaigns, and foundations. Our primary focus has been to assist progressive organizations, particularly those influencing the policy and political landscape, that advocate on behalf of underserved communities. Our software platforms have been a vital part of keeping such organizations successful and efficient.
Who We Are
We are deeply committed to public service and progressive social change. We are 100% minority owned and operated with a diverse team, inclusive of gender, ethnicity, and race.
Politech seeks a Full Stack Developer to join our team. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who will work as a team player and a self-starter. The ideal candidate should have mid-level experience, but they won’t be placed in some hierarchical structure. This position will work directly with the other developers, and will report directly to the CEO. The individual should be highly motivated to make a difference and to have an impact on moving progressive issues forward. Our employees’ opinions matter to us for the success of the company, and we want you to bring creative solutions to make our work better for our clients. Interest and understanding of politics and campaigns is a plus but not required.
Our employees are from all over the country, and bring varying levels of experience to the company. First and foremost, we value honesty from all employees within our firm. We strongly encourage a work environment centered on open communication and conscientiousness. Working remotely gives our employees the ability to better maintain a work-life balance, but we expect that productivity and job performance will not be sacrificed.
We are a fully remote team so you will need to be flexible to work with staff in different time zones when necessary.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions Postgresql and Redis
- Expand and improve test coverage
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs then devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Integrations with external APIs
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Intermediate understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming
- Intermediate understanding of server-side templating languages such as ERB and HAML
- Intermediate understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors SASS and LESS
- Intermediate understanding of front-end technologies HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong experience with SQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Familiarity with front end frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Compensation: Salary commensurate with knowledge, experience, and qualifications.
Politech is an Equal Opportunity Employer that greatly values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your GitHub account (or similar), resume, and cover letter. You should be able to show samples of your previous work upon request.
Use “Full Stack Developer - (Full Name)” as the subject line of your email.