We’re hiring for US business hours, all time zones will be considered.
, we’re building the most creator-friendly platform on the planet to help people sell online courses, memberships, and digital downloads. And the #1 reason people cite for using us?
Sounds great, but what does it mean?
- Fast, friendly live chat support 👟
- Free migrations 🚚
- No technical headaches 🧘♀️
- No transaction fees 🎉
…and a relentless passion, across our entire team, for helping our creators succeed.
Delivering all of that creator-friendly goodness takes work, and that’s why we need your help!
We’re looking for a super-friendly, tech-savvy, experienced support agent who can advocate for our creators, foster a sense of community, and help them make sales.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Respond to creator tickets via chat and email. This is priority number one. Remember that whole creator-friendly thing? We’ve got a reputation to protect 😉 We respond to creators within the first 2 minutes of live chat 🔥
- Migrate creators (downloading/uploading content, setting up courses, importing customer lists, etc…) who need some help switching over from other platforms 📦
- Troubleshoot product issues, reproduce them for our dev team when necessary and keep track of their status in Basecamp 📝
- Answer any and all creator questions about our product, as well as coach them toward making their first sale 🙌
- Keep your finger on the pulse of our customer base and help our team understand what our creators are thinking and asking for 🤔
We’re looking for a support agent with:
- Really, really, really good writing skills. You can rewrite this bullet to make it sound better 🖊️
- Tech skills and comfort with troubleshooting anything our creators throw your way 😎
- Ideally, you’ve worked in a SaaS company and can take screenshots and record videos for customers like a boss 💯
- Support experience. You know what it takes to make customers happier than they were before they met you 😊
It’d be REALLY great if you also:
- Have created and / or sold an online course, digital download, or membership before 🤑
- Have experience with Intercom and Slack 💬
- Have experience working remotely and access to a stable internet connection 🗺️
- Have worked with digital creators before 💡
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. You’ll be given high-level direction and the skills to troubleshoot using your best judgement 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce around some ideas 💡
- Competitive compensation and equity in a rapidly-growing company. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world 💰
- 401(k) match, health insurance, and other medical benefits (US-based employees) 💊
- Work from anywhere with a stable internet connection 🌎
- Company provided laptop every three years 💻
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone 🌈
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people ❤️
- Three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, and more ☺️
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic) ✈️
- The chance to connect with some of the best creators in the biz 🏆
About the hiring process
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications immediately, and continue to review them for the first two weeks after the date of posting. There's no benefit to applying in the first five minutes, and we'd rather you take your time. We heavily weigh the answers to our application form rather than data from LinkedIn or resumes. We then reduce the candidate pool down to a small handful who move on to a small test project.
If your application is chosen to move on to the next phase, we’ll send you a small (paid) test project to be completed within 72 hours of receipt. This will consist of:
- One help center doc
- Three mock email questions
- A mock live chat session (to give us a sense of your voice and tone in chat, and to give you a sense of what it’s like to work with our customers)
If selected after the project stage, you’ll then be interviewed over Zoom by our Director of Support and one of our amazing Support managers. These interviews typically last 30-45 minutes each, and are structured to get a feel for your experience and how you approach work. No trust falls or riddles to worry about here 😉
The last interview will be with Spencer, our CEO, who can answer any questions you have about the broader goals and workings of the company.
After that, we'll decide on our final candidates and ask for professional references from both a previous co-worker and a manager. We'll reach out to those references to set up a brief 10 minute call.
Finally, all going well, we'll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically 🥳
We’re looking forward to chatting 🙂