Headquarters: Carlsbad, CA
View all Planning Center jobs →
At Planning Center, we build powerful, beautiful applications specifically for churches. Each of our apps has a dedicated team of designers and developers who are committed to refining and expanding their specific app in response to real customer needs. More than 35,000 churches around the world, including over 90 of the largest 100 in the country, rely on our products to make their day-to-day operations easier and their ministries more efficient.
We’re a development driven company — over half our staff are either developers or designers who code — and we’re seeking a mobile developer with expertise in iOS and/or Android development (React Native experience is a plus!) to make our software even better.
Developers at Planning Center are:
- Invested. We care about the products we create and the people we create them for, and we all contribute to the vision and direction of our apps. Every one of our developers is critical to their team.
- Curious. We aren’t afraid to ask questions, experiment, and iterate. We also love playing with fun new technologies, and we have Free Weeks every few months for exploring projects that spark our interest.
- People Smart. Software is made by teams of people — we care about being thoughtful, aware, and empathetic as we work together.
- Humble. We are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn from one another.
In your daily life at Planning Center, you could expect to:
- Take ownership of your projects and have a voice in how to best complete them
- Collaborate on Github with your product manager, front-end designer, and fellow app team developers
- Engage in an agile development process (and, depending on your team, get to call your sprints “fun runs”)
- Make coffee eight different ways in our rad coffee bar
- ...or, if you’re remote, drink coffee in a hip co-working space that we help pay for
- Do work you’re proud of alongside a team of smart, thoughtful, like-minded developers
We believe the strongest teams are made up of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating that diversity here at Planning Center. We are ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do your best work.
For this specific position, we're looking for a mobile developer to work on Planning Center People's existing iOS/Android app built using React Native. We currently have three mobile developers across all our teams, you would be the fourth. You will be working on the People team as well as collaborating with other teams' mobile developers.