Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Place Inc, a nation wide real estate company, is looking for a devops engineer with a focus on our databases
Some recent info about our latest funding: https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/17/place-a-profitable-real-estate-tech-startup-raises-100m-as-goldman-sachs-leads-its-first-round-of-funding/The Culture:
Some key points about the culture of our team here:🤖
We value automation. That means we take the extra time to do things right. We don't use hard deadlines.📅
We're not big on meetings. That means we have great communication and patient self-driven attitudes.
🤓 We have a passion for open source. That means we're curious self-learners who dive deep into code repos.
🧐 We care about everything we do. That means we like to take ownership and have attention to detail.
🏂🏻 We value a daily work + life balance.
We've built a pretty special work environment for the engineering team that's rare to find at other companies. If this culture and these values resonate with you, please apply!
We're a remote first company (USA only), but you get bonus points if you live in Colorado.
You'll be joining our devops/platform team. We share a lot of responsibilities, but this position will have a focus on our databases. This is not a traditional DBA role with responsibilities like query optimization, index creation, and other similar work.
We can train you on other DevOps work, but require that you have some experience with the database responsibilities you'll be taking the initiative on.
• Improve the monitoring and alerting of our databases
• Manage the processes we use to provision review ("dev") databases
• Ensure our databases have any available autoscaling enabled
• Manage the processes we use for back ups and disaster recovery
• Manage user access to our databases
• Help the developers with any database questions or needs that may arise
We use mostly managed databases. Our review "dev" databases run on Kubernetes though. That being said, at least some basic experience with Kubernetes is needed.
• Experience with at least one RDBMS (Postgresql, Mysql preferred)
• Experience with at least one non-RDBMS (Elastic, Mongo, Kafka preferred)
• Experience with database monitoring tools
• Strong shell scripting skills
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator
• AWS Certified Solutions ArchitectBenefits:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Voluntary life insurance
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Unlimited PTO
• Sick leave as needed
• 401(k) planMore About The Companyhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/placeinc/The Process
We have very little bureaucracy here and we value people's time. That means our application process is quick and to the point:
• Resume review
• 30 min. intro phone review with the Directory of DevOps
• 30-60 min. "tech" interview (no coding, just some questions with short answers)
• Meet the CTO