Pilot (YC W17) is looking for an experienced front-end engineer, with experience working on complex B2B products, to join a growing team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market.
A bit about who we are:
Pilot helps companies handle payroll, benefits and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in live shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that too. We’re a team of 15 backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on:
You’ll join a small product team to become developer and maintainer of our front-end framework and a design system. You’ll be responsible for implementing new components that will be used by other developers from the product team, as well as implementing full features that involve a lot of user interaction and require someone with your skill set to make them truly great.
Most of our code is in Ruby—we use Rails 6.1 with bits of React/TypeScript on the front-end. Our CSS framework is written in modular SCSS, with Tailwind-like utility classes.
We have a pretty lightweight process: 1-week sprints, weekly planning sessions and asynchronous progress updates. We use Slack, Linear, Tandem, and Zoom to communicate and plan our work. We enjoy working together as a team, but there’s also a lot of opportunity to work autonomously.
- Expertise in CSS/SCSS
- Ability to design CSS framework
- Experience in implementing design systems
- Fluency in React and TypeScript
- Attention to detail required to implement a consistent UI and an amazing user experience
- Basic experience in working with Ruby on Rails back-ends. We won’t expect you to write Ruby code, but sometimes you’ll need to modify front-end for an existing feature that is already tied to a back-end.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You’ll be working with a distributed team, so first-class communication is a must.
- Experience and desire to work in distributed teams. Expect your teammates to be all over the world.
We’d especially like to talk to you if:
- You have an experience working on design systems or CSS frameworks
- You have a demonstrated ability to implement a library of controls/components
- Competitive salary and stock packages: $57,000-$74,000/y, equity: 0.05% - 0.125%
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world