Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
*** We welcome all USA Talent to apply. This job is 100% remote. ***
Do you like writing clean, enticing Ruby & React code? Come join Perceptyx and help our Product Engineering Team build amazing things. We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will get to join a team of 4 other exceptional Software Engineers, working in a scaling environment to deliver world-class software. Are you looking to drive the direction on how we move forward technically? In this role, your work will literally help us build a bridge to two key products in our platform. You will get to flex your strategy and tactical muscles when leveraging Perceptyx data and develop features that are attractive to the world's largest organizations. Interested in interviewing? Please apply by responding with your updated resume.
Some Things You Will Do:
- Participate in developing complex technical solutions, including custom development, working with cross-functional teams when delivering projects/products.
- Develop solutions based on specific project/product requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability.
- Provide hands-on knowledge of integration methodologies, Messaging, and API platforms
- You will assist other software engineering team members while following agile methodologies.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence and high standards in a collaborative environment.
- Work with leadership to align solutions and data integration with business strategies and objectives.
- Work with other leads and scrum masters to identify and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Help document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ideally 4+ years of full-stack software development experience, emphasis in software design & development, scripting, and unit testing; experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
- Technical expertise in distributed system architecture, design, and development
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Frontend: React is a must. Cypress, Jest, Redux, and Backbone is a plus
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience optimizing application performance at scale
- Innate ability to communicate your ideas to people of various titles
- A passion for mentoring Junior Engineers, and a person who possesses a "we succeed together" mentality
- You find enjoyment in a remote-first, collaborative, and distributed work culture
- You have a willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
What We Offer:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k benefits for you and your family.
- The ability to Disdain the Status Quo in a scaling, collaborative work environment.
- Flexible workday schedules (we trust you to get the job done wherever you're comfortable)
- An engaging work environment named one of the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the 5th year in a row!
Perceptyx Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
We celebrate diversity and an inclusive environment. Perceptyx is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where there are equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Perceptyx’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Perceptyx is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.