Time zones: CST (UTC -6)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Peanut is a safe social network for all women with 2M+ members.
Why join us:
- build tech for good (really)
- true remote environment (all of Engineering is full remote)
- very experienced team (10y+ average experience)
- unique tech & product challenges
- competitive compensation (90-120 k€/year)
👪 Your team and context
You'll be joining our Mobile team as our second iOS engineer. This team is responsible for designing, building, testing, and operating our native apps. Your peers will also include two Android engineers.
🎯 Your missions
On a day-to-day basis, your work will be a combination of:
- Deliver projects. Given high-level requirements discussed with your current squad, you're responsible for architecture, technical design and programming, through to testing, delivery and maintenance of individual features.
- Support others. Within Engineering, this means contributing to code reviews, as well as co-designing APIs or data models with others — whether or not they are in your current squad. Within the Product organisation, you may be called to assess technical feasibility and difficulty of upcoming projects.
- Continuously improve code and operations. You'll keep your eyes peeled for areas of technical debt to fix, performance or scalability issues, production bugs, and plan work to address these with the rest of the engineering team.
- Share your ideas. You'll participate in ideation workshops, as well as be expected to submit ideas for new features, be they technical or user-facing. Everyone contributes to the product because we'd never want to miss out on good ideas.
- Competitive compensation: €90-120k/year depending on experience.
- Share options.
- Work anywhere (in Europe).
We care about the work done, not where you do it from. Most of us work remotely full time, and we're equally happy if you'd prefer to work from our London HQ or anywhere in Europe. You just need a suitable workspace and a good internet connection.
- Flexible schedule.
Many of us are parents and/or have various personal life commitments. While we typically work around 40 hours a week, how you schedule your work hours is up to you.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience, including 3+ years building native iOS apps.
- Swift has few secrets for you, and you know some Objective-C.
- You've used Core Data, Interface Builder, XTCTest UI testing, and integrated with JSON APIs.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals, from data structures to algorithmic complexity.
- You have worked in an early-stage startup environment.
- You have worked remotely, with a distributed team.
- You want to build technology for good.
- You feel that our work ethic resonates with yours, and you see how they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You live in Europe (incl. EU, EEE, or UK).
- You are willing to travel 3-4 days every 2-3 months (post-pandemic) to meet the team.