We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Billing team at Payoneer Merchant Services.
We’re an internationally distributed team, hiring people to work from home - though we have a rather nice office in Germany where we hope to have occasional meetups soon!
People in Engineering work for us from over a dozen countries, but for regulatory reasons we require Engineering Managers to live in and work from either Germany or the UK, though we hope to add additional locations to this list soon.
Who we are
Payoneer Merchant Services is Payoneer's Payment Orchestration Provider (POP) offering an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our platform guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and a reduced complexity in their payment transactions. We provide intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross provider controlling and scoring, and to help customers reduce their operating costs.
With over 100 employees from 32 countries, our team is truly international in every sense of the word. With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, we bundle a unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce.
What we have
The Billing team is one of our cross-functional Product-Tech teams, with Software Engineers, Delivery Engineers, Product Owners and more, collaborating to build, maintain and manage the software services that handle billing and settlement for our merchants.
Slack is our “office”, we talk via Zoom and Teams, our code lives in GitHub, our tasks in Jira and our internal documentation in Confluence.
What we require from you
- Good command of spoken and written English, our chosen language of communication.
- Previous people-management experience. Right now we’re not in a position to take people new to management.
- Previous delivery or project management experience, and an understanding of what makes a great team
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of building software for the internet - we don’t expect you to be or have been any kind of software engineer, but we need you to have been part of the overall process and know what it’s like.
Things you’ll do
- Be the line-manager for individual Engineers on the team, responsible for their career development, goals, objectives, bonuses etc.
- Be responsible for the performance and delivery of the team
- Ensure the team is balancing their time commitments appropriately, between maintenance and feature development, product-driven initiatives, engineering-driven initiatives, self-development, and more
- Run and facilitate the team’s delivery process, soliciting input from Product Owners, Tech Leads, Architects and more
- Be the primary contact point for the team
What we would like to see from you
These aren’t requirements, just things we’d particularly like to see - please don’t let anything here put you off applying:
If you’d like to apply, please send us your CV and a short cover letter! Any questions, just get in touch.
Please do include a cover letter - just a few short sentences on how you see us working together. Written communication is important to us, and we love reading about your achievements in cover letters!