Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
Paymentology is looking for an experienced PostgreSQL Database Administrator to join our global Infrastructure & Security team. You will be responsible for supporting Paymentology's data operations and infrastructure, underlying all of our products.
We work in a fast-paced, regulated, and global company that will require you to work collaboratively with all our teams to help get things done. If you are someone who loves to multitask, prioritise and shows initiative then this role will be for you.
What you get to do:
The main priority will be to manage our database environments proactively and as we continue our growth you will also play a key role in ensuring scalability of our data layer systems:
- You will ensure the availability and performance of the databases that support our systems, ensuring that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and have high resilience and performance tuning.
- You will proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime and improve maintenance of the databases to include rollouts and upgrades.
- You will create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates, as well as gaining an in-depth knowledge of the business data so you can propose and implement effective solutions.
- You will work within a structured and agile development approach.
What it takes to succeed:
- 5 Years of experience with administrating PostgreSQL Databases in Linux environments.
- Experience with setting up, monitoring and maintaining PostgreSQL instances.
- A good understanding of Write-Ahead Logging and disaster recovery processes.
- Experience with the PostgreSQL backup and restore processes.
- Experience with EnterpriseDB.
- Experience working with Azure, AWS or Oracle Cloud.
Bonus skills are:
- Experience implementing and maintaining data warehouses.
- Experience with Azure Database for PostgreSQL or AWS RDS for PostgreSQL.
You are someone who can respond quickly in a fast-paced environment, is intellectually curious and has a passion for continuous learning and growing professionally.
Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to participate into on-call duties and better align with global colleagues for the scope of specific projects.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Paymentologists, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.