Ovia Health is the leading family health and technology company for women and families on their reproductive health journeys. Our mobile apps for fertility, pregnancy, and parenting empower people to take control of their health and navigate parenthood with confidence. We are on a mission to improve fertility and maternity healthcare, and to help women and families live fuller, healthier lives at home and at work. Join us!
We’re looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our small, energetic engineering team. We have a lot of critical product and engineering work and seek candidates interested in building things the right way and owning the development of entire Backend features. The ideal candidate has worked on large systems in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead the design and development of critical engineering projects
- Communicate transparently throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle regarding your ongoing and upcoming work
- Actively contribute to reviewing teammates’ work via code reviews and design discussions in a way that improves the team’s shared understanding of our systems and improves our technology
- Lead discussions and achieve alignment with team members and stakeholders regarding the approach to your work
- Evangelize best practices across the team and in your own work and help others balance the tradeoffs between best practices and pragmatism
- Effectively lead complicated technical projects, delivering efficient, scalable, and resilient solutions.
- Identify and advocate for foundational work that can support work across the platform, foster workflow improvements, and create substantial impact for Ovia Health
- Actively contribute to discussions and definition of product and technical roadmaps, team workflows and general technical leadership
- Top-notch software engineering ability and experience in designing and building RESTful, performant services
- Proficient at taking large, complicated technical projects and breaking down the work into clear stages and deliverables across multiple platforms
- Strong history of technical leadership and cross-functional collaboration
- Expertise in large system design, database performance and working with billions of data points
- Experience building, improving, and maintaining large-scale APIs. Knowledge of and curiosity about multiple languages of different types is helpful, but it is a big advantage if some of this experience is with PHP.
- Fluent in engineering best practices such as testability and ability to incorporate these into designs and execution
- Track record of contributing to product and business direction, collaboration across different teams, and delivering solutions that meet expectations and are pragmatic.
We are a lively, creative team that works hard and laughs a lot. We love what we do, and working at Ovia Health is a chance to be a part of something big! We value our employees tremendously, and do what we can to help them stay happy and healthy both at work and away from it. In addition to a supportive and healthy environment, we offer:
- Small, dynamic and tight-knit team
- Supportive, collaborative atmosphere
- We value growth and education, and offer reimbursement for classes and conferences
- Company provided MacBook Pro
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Tasty office snacks, including coffee (cold brew on tap)
- An open, fresh, cubicle-free, shared office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Two options for medical insurance coverage
- Employer contribution to 401k
- Generous parental leave
Ovia is now an “office-optional” employer meaning we welcome remote applicants from across the United States. Our core work hours are 10am-4pm ET.
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Individuals of all genders, race, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, veteran status, and educational background are strongly encouraged to apply.