Ordergroove is looking for an extraordinarily talented, passionate and naturally curious person to help us reinvent how people shop by building machine learning-based recommendations systems using mass amounts of rich data to predict user behavior.
Our team is composed of problem-solvers who get excited about pushing the boundaries of what we can achieve, love learning and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You will research and develop new ways that use our mass data to build long-lasting relationships for some of the biggest brands in the world, impacting the life's of millions of users
- Evaluate and test the tradeoffs between competing machine learning models, methodologies and architectures
- Collaborate daily with the data engineering team, product teams and other functional areas
- 3 years of experience in a data science role helping companies innovate products forward using machine learning
- Excellent knowledge of Machine Learning/Statistical Modeling & Testing
- Professional-level Python knowledge
- Solid quantitative background, MA/MS in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, or another quantitative field is required
- Passionate about leveraging the best of breed technology and eager to learn new skills
- You are motivated and prepared to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with testing tools such as R
- Experience working with large data sets using tools such as Spark, BigQuery, Hadoop, etc.
- Previous e-commerce experience
- Start-up and SaaS experience highly preferred
- Raised $50M from top-notch investors
- Remote-first team with members all over the world and an office in NYC that allows for in-person meet-ups if desired
- Hundreds of customers including Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, Petsmart, Walmart, L’Oreal, Unilever, Peet’s Coffee, KIND, Love Wellness, and Tula
In 2000, subscriptions transformed the software world with SaaS. In 2021, subscriptions are transforming the retail and DTC world as the fastest-growing segment of commerce.
Ordergroove’s SaaS product enables subscription experiences for hundreds of brands including The Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, KIND Snacks, Peet's Coffee, L'Oreal, and Home Depot, shifting consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to frictionless recurring revenue relationships. Via partnerships with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Salesforce, Adobe Magento, and BigCommerce, Ordergroove's omnichannel product coupled with machine learning has processed billions of dollars in subscription volume for tens of millions of consumers.
Recently named one of the Best Companies to Work For in New York for the third year in a row, our values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives, and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team so that we gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our successes.
With a fully flexible work from anywhere culture, staying connected and supporting each other are always top of mind. We build our tight-knit community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes, and book clubs. We encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees and we stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all-hands meetings.
At Ordergroove, we focus on flexibility and empowering our team to make the right decisions for themselves. We have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy (totally remote anywhere in the US, or you can go into the NYC office as much as you would like), and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course, that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits. Come join our amazing team while we enable the fastest-growing segment of commerce that makes life easier for millions of consumers every day!