Senior Front End Engineer
Must be located: U.S.A.
Visit company website
View all Oddball jobs
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help improve and build out a complex react + redux application that interfaces with a rails backend
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers in building out interfaces that match designs. These interfaces consume and create data from a Rails backend. Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day to day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members. You will also help with mentoring and teaching mid and junior level developers on the same team
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- Deep thorough experience with a front end JS framework - preferably React
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work - preferably with Rails
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand easily
- The ability to mentor and help mid and junior level developers
- Understand and describe how application state changes over time.
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
Must be located within the US
This is a salaried role. Oddball offers tech and continuing education stipends.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.