Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring for a Senior DevOps engineer to work on a program that will make a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with great DevOps engineers to create and execute software development plans and strategies in support of large-scale platform and API initiatives in the federal space. This will include developing and implementing algorithms, database design, automated testing, and quality control of software development.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- In-depth experience with config management tools like: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack,
- 3+ years experience creating and supporting AWS environments
- 3+ years experience with engineering, integrating or testing production IT infrastructure platforms using Kubernetes and Openshift
- 2+ years experience developing and improving CI/CD scripts and services for development and deployment
- Experience supporting web technologies and websites running Apache or NGINX
- 3+ years experience with Linux operating systems including installing, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience in SQL architecture such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS-SQL
- Desire and ability to mentor and train other engineers
- A Bachelor's Degree is required with a minimum of 8 years experience
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the United States.
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance Is required
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.